My pup got parvo when she was about 8 weeks old - from my older dog bringing it home. If you have an older dog that goes outside your yard, you have to be VERY careful with that, too. I fortunately was very lucky, in that I was able to treat my dogs at home with subcutaneous fluids and antibiotics, and they recovered completely from it within a month or so.
If you notice that your pup is unusally lethargic or sleepy; or if it has diarrhea and/or vomiting, take it to the vet IMMEDIATELY!
Be very careful about your shoes - I suggest having shoes that you wear outside your house & yard stay off of your floors and anywhere the pup is allowed completely. Buy a new pair of cheap shoes to wear around the house & in the back yard if you need to wear shoes.
You can take your pup around town to socialize, at least with other people, and to places where the dogs are healthy and completely vaccinated (ask for proof!). Just be sure to carry your dog instead of walking on the ground unless it's indoors on a sterilized floor.
Keep you pup away from fecal matter at all costs! This virus is very hardy and can survive on the ground for months even years. A 10% bleach solution is enough to kill it, and be sure to rinse with clean water afterwards, as the bleach can also make your pup sick if ingested.