Pics of My Sweeties

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Pics of My Sweeties

Postby Julie Holland » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:37 pm

Ok, I can't get my pictures to come up but I now have links to my family...sorry but I don't know how to make it so that you can just click on them...but Enjoy!!!
Emma http://www.dogster.com/?129774
Lucy http://www.dogster.com/?129782
Jake http://www.dogster.com/?129787
Oscar http://www.dogster.com/?129788
Jack http://www.dogster.com/?129790
Chloe http://www.dogster.com/?129792
Abbey http://www.dogster.com/?129794
Julie Holland

Postby Julie Holland » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:42 pm

Ok, so I am a complete idiot...it does it (makes them clickable) automatically. Enjoy my photos, I will put more on later.
Julie Holland

Postby concreterose » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:59 pm

Welcome! Your babies are adorable!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby Julie Holland » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:06 am

Thanks for the great welcome, your dogs are BE-A Utiful!!!
Julie Holland

Postby wolfpuppy » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:34 am

oh my gosh! I was just at ebay today looking for pit bull stuff and I saw your pit on there!!! How strange that I would see that face again on a different site! I'm very sorry about her condition. All my luck to you!
wolfpuppy
Adolescent Bully

Postby My Dog Benson » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:20 am

Great looking pups....
My Dog Benson
Newborn Bully

Postby gunther4 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:40 am

I can completely understand the financial cost of your dog. My Abby had TPLO (Tibial Pleateau Leveling Osteotomy) surgery on both her legs in Feb and Mar of 03. To the toon of over $5,000 when all was said and done.

She was only 3 years old at the time and my other option was to go traditional cruciate ligament surgery or put her down. Down was not an option and becuase she is such a "terrier", non stop alway doing something, the traditional surgery would have been a waste of money. We had to do the TPLO and the worst part is the rest of her is falling apart now. She is definatly a case of bad backyard breeding. She at the age of 5 has ramps in the house to get on the beds.

She is our child and there will always be the best care for her. She is so lucky she picked us for parents, most people would not shell out that kind of money for a "pet". She is not a pet but a member of our family. When we call the vet we don't even have to say our last name.

Good luck on the trip and the surgery.
gunther4

Yes, Emma is my baby!!!

Postby Julie Holland » Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:02 am

All my dogs are my babies, that is why I can't NOT get her the surgery, She will only live to be 3 at the most without the surgery, so I am trying to get the word out to get donations. The manager at my gym is going to let me hold a raffle for a month membership and Im going to raffle off some massages ( I am a massage therapist ), also I am putting an ad in the local newspaper as well.

The breeder that I got Emma from is in Louisiana and when I told her of her condition, of course she said that she would take her back, I had already fallen in love with her then, it was only about a month that I had her when I found out. She went in for her 1st check up. I don't know how her vet could have missed it. Anyway, she said that I could send her back and she would give me another one. That wasn't going to happen, I knew that I was stuck with little Emma. I would do what ever I could to make her healthy. I just didn't know that her heart would get bad so fast. The breeder in Louisiana is still breeding the mother and father of Emma, even though she knows about her heart condition. The mother or father has a defective gene and is passing this on. I can't believe that she is still breeding them, so that means that other people from her litters are going to be going through the heart break that I am going through. Makes me angry and sad.

Well good luck with your babies, it looks like they are very luck to have family like you.

Take care.
Julie Holland

Postby dog nanny » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:31 pm

That's what they always do, even if you take them to court. You can give back the dog, and get your money back, or get another dog, but that's not the point! The point is to stop the damn breeder from breeding problems into animals and causing pain and suffereing for them and those who love them. I've heard so many stories like yours, and the owners NEVER want to give back the dog. They just want the breeder to stop. The courts can't do anything because the laws won't let them. The laws need to change so that these people are punished and stopped. :po:

You are a wonderful person for sticking by Emma. I would do the same thing! :thumbsup:
dog nanny

your pics

Postby spazgal » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:18 am

I just checked out the photo of Emma on the dogster? May I ask why all the descriptions are in past tense as if the dog is already gone? Also it has the date 2000-2002. Under the food sections it states that she heard hamburgers were pretty good but she did not get one before she passed?
I know you need money for the surgery. But why already advertise that the dog is dead then? please don't let this offend you..just looking for the clear story :sad:
spazgal

MY Mistake Julie

Postby spazgal » Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:20 am

My bad....I see i was looking at the profile of Abbey and not Emma. How come you had Abbey such a sort time? Did she die of something that was common to the breed?
spazgal

Abbey died

Postby Julie Holland » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:20 am

Yes, Abbey had a short life with us, she was about 1 1/2 years old. I feel awful, but we had another little puppy at the time and they were playing right in front of my truck. I ran over Abbey's foot, we rushed her to the vet and they did surgery on her. He had to put plates in her poor little foot. Well after the surgery, she never came out of anesthesia. It was awful! The vet didn't understand what happened, he had never had a "healthy" animal die like that, he sent her to colorado for an autopsy. They found out that she had something wrong with her heart, they weren't sure if it had anything to do with her death. But it almost killed me. She was such a wonderful dog. She was just starting to fill out. She was getting so wide, so cute! I have more pictures of her on my other computer, I switched to a Mac and am TOTALLY LOST!!!. But she had the most beautiful pale gray eyes. UGH...I hate it that I lost her. Sher never got to enjoy burgers because we didn't eat meat for a while and then we decided to eat meat and we bought a grill. Everytime we grill out each dog gets a nice big fat juicy burger :) They love it when they see me "start the grill" they know we're having a burger-fest. My dogs are my babies too :)
Julie Holland

Return to Introductions