SMALL PUPPY DISCHARGE!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

SMALL PUPPY DISCHARGE!!

Postby rosanneandkaya » Mon May 17, 2004 3:18 pm

Hi guys, now ladies please do not be offended before i start, i am not good at talking about genitals!
we have noticed that when sasha goes to the toilet and also when she does not occasionaly, she has a kind of green and yellow goo on the little tip of her wee nipple between her back legs. it has been there a while and we were just wandering if this is normal in puppies as we never saw this in our old pit. she is nearly 4 months old now and it could be nothing but we just want nothing to happen to her. she lives in the house and only goes out when supervised so we do keep a good eye on her.
thanks for any replies.
steve, rosy and SASHA!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby mnp13 » Mon May 17, 2004 3:28 pm

Sounds like a UT infection to me... you should have it looked at by a vet.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby barbponys » Mon May 17, 2004 3:48 pm

I would say that is abnormal, sounds like some kind of infection. Getting her in to see the vet would be best. Better safe than sorry.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Yuk

Postby SKoth » Mon May 17, 2004 9:20 pm

A UTI is a very good possibility. It could likely be vaginitis which can be common in female pups. Surely take her to the vet.
SKoth
Bully Ambassador

Postby rosanneandkaya » Tue May 18, 2004 9:29 am

thanks guys i have booked her in and she will be seen to on friday.
cheers
steve, rosy and Sasha!
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby Boo439 » Tue May 18, 2004 10:36 am

My female Mugen used to always have a "drip". It was a recurring infection. It's because females sit SO low to the ground when they go pee. Mugen's little hoo-hoo-dilly used to sit on the grass. My vet said they can pick up all kinds of bacteria from the grass. Basically we just had to treat it any time she got it. We weren't going to teach her to lift her leg.
Boo439

Postby whiskeyman » Tue May 18, 2004 7:33 pm

roflmao roflmao roflmao

Everyone here at work is looking at me. I was laughing outloud!!

hoo-hoo-dilly... that is some funny stuff

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby rosanneandkaya » Fri May 21, 2004 4:36 pm

hi guys and gals
we had sasha to the vet today and everything is fine, as usual you were right it was a urinary tract infection and she gave me gave me some antiboitics to clear it up. it is great being a member of the forum and having some knowledge of what is going on before going to the vets so thanks again everyone!!!
:peace:
steve , rosy and sasha
rosanneandkaya
Newborn Bully

Postby phez718 » Fri May 21, 2004 4:38 pm

Hope Sasha gets better real soon! :)
phez718

mine too.

Postby bullymeena » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:36 pm

My four month old has the same small drop of "whatever"..It is slightly yellow and just a drop..I know this is gross but i smelled it and it smells kind of fishy...I have read other posts and this seems to be a common occurance at 4 months of age. Any ideas?
bullymeena

Re: mine too.

Postby mnp13 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:55 pm

bullymeena wrote:My four month old has the same small drop of "whatever"..It is slightly yellow and just a drop..I know this is gross but i smelled it and it smells kind of fishy...I have read other posts and this seems to be a common occurance at 4 months of age. Any ideas?

It may be common, but it is an infection. You need to see the vet and get meds.

Michelle
mnp13

Postby bullymeena » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:14 pm

thank you I will take her to the vet asap!
bullymeena

Return to Health Issues