Does anyone self-vaccinate?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Does anyone self-vaccinate?

Postby bullymeena » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:12 pm

I am self-vaccinating my pup. Is there any issues with this in Atlanta, Ga.? I will get her rabies from a vet, but is it ok to do this here?
bullymeena

Postby texaspittie » Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:47 pm

I live in Texas & have always vaccinated my own dogs and my cats, when I vaccinate at all that is. By law you have to get a rabies shot from the vet here due to it having to be registered. If you can legally buy the shots in your state (from the feed store or what have you) then you can legally give them the shots.
texaspittie

Postby moto1320 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:57 pm

It's not illegal, if that's what you are asking. I think that rabies is the only one you have to get done at a vet, just for documentation.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:34 pm

I have always self vaccinated. It rare for me to do it anymore(west nile and tetnus for the horses is about all I do). All my animals, horses, dogs and cats. In Washington rabies has to be administered by a vet. I know in parts of Colorado you can do your own rabies, or at least you used to be able to. I don't know if that's the case where you are at in Ga. If the vaccine isn't availabe at a feed store it usually means it has to be given by a vet.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby doggyluvr » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:27 am

Don't think it's any problem in Ga. You just have to have the rabies done by a vet. You can buy vaccinations through the Foster's catalog.
doggyluvr

Return to Health Issues