Quick update on Toda!!

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Quick update on Toda!!

Postby Boo439 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:57 am

Well, as some of you may know, I have four kitties that I have been fostering. Well, one got sick last night and I took him to my vet this morning. My usual doctor wasn't there, so I saw the doctor who owns the clinic.

He had never seen Toda before, but asked how he was doing. I told him that honestly I couldn't afford an MRI for Toda and we are missing out on so much fun together. Well, when I mentioned how Jason did some tile work for a guy with a dog who had seizures and that guy said his vet only kept his dog for a day for observation then started him on Phenobarbitol and the guy said that doing the MRI would be crazy, too, he right away asked me which pharmacy I use. I told him and he said he was going to call in a prescription for Phenobarb and we'll see if that helps him. It should.

I am so happy at the thought of saving all that money AND possibly making Toda better.We took him to motocross last Saturday night and he was approached by a bunch of racers and he had the worst set of seizures yet. He went to get his water afterwards and did a face-plant in his water bowl. I told Jason that I had had enough and I can't take watching him go through that anymore. Going to the races isn't the same without Toda. Jason, his twin brother and their best friend are all starting to race next weekend and Toda would hate to miss his daddy's first race.

The bad thing, though, is that the vet said if Phenobarb makes Toda drunk, much like narcotics will do, then that treatment is not for him. Some dogs just don't take to it, and I hope Toda's not one of those dogs. I cannot "challenge" the drug for about 5 days. So, we're taking Toda to the races Saturday night to see how it goes IF he doesn't get loopy from it first. If all goes well, he goes back to the vet in 2 weeks for his levels and we go from there.

Thank you everyone for your support and concern. We will keep you all updated about whether or not it works and where we go from there. Stay tuned!!

-Cassie and Toda-Bizzle
Boo439

Postby X-girl » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:43 am

:pray
We'll keep our fingers crossed that everything works out for you w/ the Rx. Good luck!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby kendall » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:03 am

Oh my God, I hope that works Boo. Good luck with him! :pray
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby moto1320 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:03 pm

Great news Boo. :peace: The pheno will chill him out alot either way. expect some change.
moto1320
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:50 pm

I really hope it works out Boo. Moto's right, there will be changes. But no seizures.........pro's and con's, hopefully the good wins out.

Pat
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby Ariel Payopay » Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:34 am

I hope everything turns out well with Toda.

Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby CinderDee » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:36 am

Best of luck, Boo! Fingers and paws crossed here.

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby elegy » Tue Jun 08, 2004 8:49 am

best of luck!
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Boo439 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:41 am

Thanks! The doc forgot to call it in yesterday, so he just called it in a little while ago. We'll see what happens. I'll keep all of you up to date. I'd hate for the drugs to make him look any more doped up than he does in the pic above :))
Boo439

Postby JaquelineC » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:49 am

Good luck Boo & Toda!! Sending good not-loopy thoughts your way!

JaquelineC

Postby concreterose » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:49 am

I hope it works out for Toda!
concreterose
Regulator

Return to Health Issues