New

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 9:40 am

Hello All
My name is Stacey and some of you may recognize me :).

I do not own a pitbull but I Do own the next "scary" breed in line. Actually, I am owned by; a beautiful female Dobermann of European lineage.

I am posting here because I share the common love and concern for dogs in general that you all do. I've been following the pit bull ban very closely and have even attended a pit bull rally at The Parliment Building in Queens Park in Toronto.

I have anti BSL stuff splattered on my own website and in the window of my car.

Last evening I posted, but had the posts removed in fear of an afterthought. For those of you who saw that, let me now clarify what went down last night.

My aunt in Brampton Ontario called me in a panic telling me that her dog Eddie Pit/Boxer cross got loose and ran up to a woman and her golden retriever 4 days ago and they sniffed for a second and then Eddie jumped the golden. No dog got hurt and my aunt got ahold of eddie quickly after the incident. The woman with the Golden screamed bloody murder because of eddie's breed. So my aunt said Animal Control came to her house and told her that she is to willingly surrender the dog or they will be coming to take him with a date of today. My aunt called me because she knows what I think and know and how I feel and how involved I am (try to be) with fighting this breed ban. So take a guess what I did?

I drove out there last night and got him. almost 4 hours on the road there and back. I am now settled down and getting calls from many of you fine folks from here and I am sooo appreciative of that you have no idea.

However, obviously I don't know what I thought I knew about the ban and where it sits right now at this present time or I would have told my aunt that they do not have a leg to stand on and that she need'nt worry.

It turns out everyone over reacted and the dog is in no danger of being taken away from my aunt, in fact at best they can only order her to muzzle Eddie from now on. I feel silly for reacting the way I did but I wasn't sure what they could really do and I was fearful for Eddie who really did no wrong. He was being a dog. So, here I sit with a adorable pit/boxer cross in my home crated because he and my dog do not see eye to eye.

I spoke to my aunt and informed her what I learned this morning and I will be bringing him back this evening.

My aunt however is still affraid for Eddie because she has recieved threats about him. Her neighbors hate her and she says she cannot keep Eddie. In the same breath her family is razzing her and are upset with her because she is getting frustrated with the way she and her family are being treated in the nieghborhood.

So, I wish to send out my deepest thanks to all that responded so quickly to me and this situation. I have a funny feeling my aunt is fed up and looking for a way out without surrendering him to the Humane Society. Sad, but I think maybe true.

thnk you all again so much it's so nice to know that people really care.

Stacey Fox
St. Catharines, ON.
fox_girl

Postby tjbsandy » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:57 am

:welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby Jp » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:19 am

Welcome! :welcome: Your dobegirl is pretty!
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:23 am

Thank you Tara! Glad to be here and introduce myself properly, under normal circumstances. I own a forum as well. it's a Doberman forum that I created about 2 years ago to escape the other Doberman forums our there that were not really enhabited by nice people. My forum is for nice people with no judgemental and nasty things to say. yes it's true, many Dobermann people can be quite nasty with eachother. It's a shame really, but my board is a safe zone for those who want to talk in a light hearted and fun manner about thier dogs.

Thanks again!

Hope to be able to contribute here and offer help with anything to do with BSL over the next few months.

:)
fox_girl

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:24 am

Thanks JP!!!
fox_girl

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:25 am

I thought that shot was hillarious!! It reminded me of the dog toys and greeting cards you can get where they purposely take shots of "noses" close up.
I am an amature photographer, and I work from home for a couple professional digital photographers editing for them. It's lots of fun!
fox_girl

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:35 am

Jp, last evening I promised you something for going out of your way to help me. I would really really like to follow through with that promise. I would love it if you would send me a hard copy picture of your favorite shot of your furbaby. Let me do this...it's the least I can do.

Stacey
fox_girl

Postby Boo439 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:05 pm

Welcome to the board!! Dobermans are my favorite breed after pit bulls. She's a real beauty!
Boo439

Postby Tinka44 » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:34 pm

Welcome!

I hope everything works out for your aunt, you gotta have tough skin to handle the 'views' some people have about pit bulls.

I do not own a pitbull but I Do own the next "scary" breed in line

There was a Rotti attack in Vaughn (I think there, somewhere around Toronto anyways) and Global news said during the story 'is banning just pit bulls enough', I really hope this banning doesn't extend to other breeds, such as yours. The media might just hype it up though.

Anyways...welcome!! :peace:
Tinka44
Adolescent Bully

Postby Taz » Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:18 pm

:welcome:
my ex-girlfriend raise and breed dobermans...they are incredible dogs.
Taz

Postby melkissa » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Welcome! :)
melkissa

Postby fox_girl » Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:28 pm

I have heard rumours I hope to GOD they are just rumors, that "They" would like it to be all dogs over 30lbs.

That Stupid Attourney General Micheal Bryant said in one of his interviews when asked if it would lead to other breeds, that it wouldn't because the "hold the owner liable" part of that whole new legislation will take care of bad owners of other breeds and that it is only the Pit Bull he is worried about because they are more dangerous and can inflict the most harm.

They guy is an idiot...and it saddens me beyond belief that to spite just about every dog related organization and club and trainers and vets etc in all of Canada practically not agreeing with the ban and many of them showing up at the public hearings, that the ban still passed.

Do the "people" really have a say?? I think not. that fool and other fools like him will do exactl as they please no matter how many of the mass majority of perfessional speak out.

Chaps my ass.

:po:
fox_girl

Postby bullseye77 » Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:53 pm

Hello and Welcome :peace: They are losing their minds by banning any breeds to start with!! Now talk about banning breeds over 30lb?? I am a CVA and if any dogs are aggressive, it's the little ones!!! :roll: Darn government :bully: :look:
bullseye77

Postby fox_girl » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:19 pm

no kidding! I've seen more little "puff balls" want to kill someone than anything else.

I was walking my girl down the street one day and a little dog came tearing out of some house I was passing and came right across the street at us. Now you just KNOW that had I not had my dog under complete control and she had snapped at that little dog and hurt it it would be MY fault.

I'd LOVE to see the headlines read, "Vicious Pomeranian ATTACKS 60lb Dobermann!"
Naww...it just isn't gory enough right?? Geesh that's not news at all!

You know the press doesn't help anything. All it does is make the public nosier, ruder, arrogant, on Bryant's side, and scared. It's rediculous. Every time I hear a new story on the news about a dog biting someone I cringe. Not only because those stories seem to be a dime a dozen lately, but it makes me angry that they are NOT report the thousands of cocker spaniel bites, yourkie bites, golden retriever bites etc. It's only the "bad" breeds they report.

Soooooo many other kinds of dogs bite yet noone reports those and they NEVER make the news. Makes me soooooo angry!
fox_girl

Postby fox_girl » Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:25 pm

Someone needs to arrange some kind of outdoor venue FEATURING large working breeds of dogs doing amazing things and get THAT on the news!

Or report it when a pit or some other "vicious" breed does some kind of wonderful thing to benifit humans. It would be SUCH a refreshing peice of news.

Makes me want to own a news company. I'd go and seek out every amazing story I could find of a working breed of dog or Pit Bull doing something wonderful for someone. I'd seek out dog bites by chihuahua's and report those once in a while.

God I hope we are never like China where you can't own a dog period. I'd just die if that happened. The news people have to stop reporting this stuff all the time. It's all you see here on the news lately. It's very angering because it's scaring everyone! There's NO need for it!
fox_girl

Next

Return to Introductions