Quick Help---Dog ate 60ct bottle of derm caps

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Quick Help---Dog ate 60ct bottle of derm caps

Postby bellablue » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:37 pm

Just bought the damn bottle, gave her two so far, came home today and she had torn up the bottle and eaten 58 caps at once!

Is this even toxic?? What should I do???

Adam
bellablue

Postby mnp13 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:10 pm

call an emergency vet NOW.

The emergency vet in my city will tell you if they think your pet needs to come in at all. They will want to know exactly what the pills were - have the bottle in hand when you call.

At best, they will want you to watch the dog, at worst you'll have to bring the do in to have them make her vomit and then charcoal her stomach.

But please call immediately!

Michelle
mnp13

Re: Quick Help---Dog ate 60ct bottle of derm caps

Postby Odnarb » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:30 pm

bellablue wrote:Just bought the damn bottle, gave her two so far, came home today and she had torn up the bottle and eaten 58 caps at once!

Is this even toxic?? What should I do???

Adam

Call your local emergency vet to be sure, but I'm pretty sure Derm Caps are relatively benign.

However, I DO hope you have a steam cleaner, cuz you will probably need it... :yucky:
Odnarb
Regulator

Re: Quick Help---Dog ate 60ct bottle of derm caps

Postby donblaze » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:37 pm

However, I DO hope you have a steam cleaner, cuz you will probably need it... :yucky:[/quote]
donblaze

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:06 am

dont even bother bringing a bag on your walks for a while.

its a good idea to call the emerg. vet. they're usually good about giving you good and free info. i think you should be ok. its all natural fatty pills for dogs any way.
damienApbt
Regulator

derm caps

Postby bluesky1966 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:44 am

it is just fish oils and flax seed oils --it might cause smelly diarrhea for a few days but should have no other negetive effects
bluesky1966

Postby bellablue » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:02 am

Thanks for the quick responses, called one vet..lady on the phone was no help whatsoever..called another and they were very helpful, just said to watch out for diarrhea and vomiting..bella hasn't had a bit of either so I suppose I lucked out..sucks about the pills though, I was excited to start her on a regimine to clear up a few allergen symptoms.
Seems strange that my dog would be attracted to those capsules, glad it wasn't something serious.
bellablue

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:47 pm

shes going to be a greasey italian in no time.
damienApbt
Regulator

Return to Health Issues