Hello from washington

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from washington

Postby rn2b » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:13 pm

I found this forum while looking for pitbull rescue. I currently am housing a dog that I found running along a busy highway. I thought I would post here in case his mom and dad are looking for him. I have put up ads on many lost pet websites and no reply as of yet.
rn2b

Postby melkissa » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:14 pm

Welcome!
melkissa

Postby rn2b » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:22 pm

Thanks! I sure hope I can find this beautiful boy's family.
rn2b

Postby Noriko525 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:23 pm

Welcome :hi

any pics of him??
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby rn2b » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:43 pm

This is the guy. Very sweet.
rn2b

Postby dogfarts » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:46 pm

:welcome:
dogfarts

Postby rn2b » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:50 pm

I've already called the humane society twice to hear of no reports of dogs like him. I've looked in the newspaper. No lost ads. We had him scanned for a chip but he doesn't have one. It's been almost a week and I just keep hoping someone is looking for him
rn2b

Postby Noriko525 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:52 pm

maybe he was looking for you ;)

Keep trying!! I'm glad he was found by someone who was willing to hold him and try to find his owner instead of just being dropped off at a shelter. Hopefully his owners will surface.
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby rn2b » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:54 pm

I hope so too. He is too well-mannered, well-groomed, and loving to go to a shelter. He's a big kisser :)
rn2b

Postby violet » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:01 pm

Poor pupper..sadly there is a good chance no one is looking for him. Good luck and THANK youfor going the extra mile! and welcome to PBF!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby JCleve86 » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:35 pm

Yeah...what violet said.

Somebody lost him, but the chances of somebody actually looking for him are slim to none. After all, it's much easier to find a puppy in the classifieds than put forth the effort to actually find your dog.

Welcome to the board, and even if you can't keep him very long, your doing a really good thing by allowing him some time to be found...a lot more than most would do.

rn2b huh...so I take it your in nursing school? I'm going to be starting PLU's nursing program next spring...
JCleve86
Forum Junky

Postby moochesmama » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:17 am

Welcome! Keep us posted - he's a cute boy.
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Re: Hello from washington

Postby saturn2 » Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:17 pm

rn2b wrote: ... I currently am housing a dog that I found running along a busy highway. I have put up ads on many lost pet websites and no reply as of yet.

Some other things that you might do if you haven't already are:

1. Report the dog to local and surrounding shelters as "found." Leave your name and hone number in case the owners are looking for him. Better yet, go to the shelter yourself and fill in the "found" log and check the "lost" log.

2. Place "found" ads in local and surrounding newspapers (they're free). Be sure to check "lost" ads in the same papers.

3. Post "found" flyers with your contact information. Resist the urge to put too much information on it, especially descriptive information, so that you can use it to weed out the false callers from the true owners.

4. Post your flyers at grocery stores, department stores, vets' offices, pet supply stores, grooming shops, factories, malls, etc. - anywhere you can find a public bulletin board. If you have friends in a nearby city, mail them a supply of flyers and ask them to post them for you.

5. Ask kids in the closest area where the dog was found, if they know someone who lost a dog. Also, delivery people, too...UPS, mailman, Fedex, etc.

He's a handsome guy! Good luck.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby MDAPBT » Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:32 pm

Good luck and :welcome:
MDAPBT

Postby rn2b » Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:53 pm

I'm in the nursing program at clark college in vancouver. 2nd quarter, 4 more to go...whew.

I've called the humane society a couple of times - no luck there.

We're going to put up fliers at local pet stores and the mall where he was found. We think maybe he escaped a car or pulled off of his collar from the back of a truck ...

I haven't put too much information about him. In the ads I say ID by distinguishing marks, and other facts that his real people would know. Especially with him being a pitt I worry about fighters. He's a very muscular boy.

I never thought about asking the kids in the neighborhoods though. I bet they know this guy since he's so sweet.

I work in the admissions booth at the zoo in portland so i'm hoping I can find a dog lover with a big yard amongst my coworkers in case nobody ever claims this pretty boy.

Thanks for the concern!!
rn2b

Next

Return to Introductions