Skin Condition Queries

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Skin Condition Queries

Postby Hooligan » Wed May 26, 2004 6:58 pm

Brooklyn, our male foster pit (might as well say he is ours now and not a foster) has a bit of a skin problem on his underside. His coat on top is shiney, but rough..but his underside has very little hair on it and his underarms have some scabs. It has not gotten any worse and his baths didn't seem to help. We have some mediated shampoo the shelter gave us to use on him, but I wanted to post here before we used it, its called: Allerseb-T. Have any of you guys heard of it?

I was wondering if this is just something we have to wait out bc of the condidtions he was in before.
Hooligan

Postby pocketpit » Wed May 26, 2004 8:32 pm

Allerseb-T is a well known medicated shampoo. Skin is such a tricky issue that I won't even begin to touch the topic. So many variables play into skin and coat health. It could very well be related to his previous condition and all you can do is have a vet look at it or wait and see. I'd recommend a good dog food and continuing with the medicated shampoos when you need to bathe him. Then go from there.
pocketpit

guess

Postby bluesky1966 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:27 pm

My older dog spends alot of time outside in the summer [he wants to] but eventually his chest becomes hairless because of the cement and dirt he likes to sit in in the summer sun. In the winter he stays inside and sleeps on a soft lazy-boy chair w a blanket. By the end of winter his chest has the hair all grown back. So checking the surface your dog spends most of his/her time on is important. Just a guess
bluesky1966

Re: Skin Condition Queries

Postby bluesky1966 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:36 pm

Hooligan wrote:Brooklyn, our male foster pit (might as well say he is ours now and not a foster) has a bit of a skin problem on his underside. His coat on top is shiney, but rough..but his underside has very little hair on it and his underarms have some scabs. It has not gotten any worse and his baths didn't seem to help. We have some mediated shampoo the shelter gave us to use on him, but I wanted to post here before we used it, its called: Allerseb-T. Have any of you guys heard of it?

I was wondering if this is just something we have to wait out bc of the condidtions he was in before.

Also sounds like the coat might be a genetic variation in the coat texture. Remember what you do to the skin takes at least a month to show an improvement of the hair or overall appearance
bluesky1966

Return to Health Issues