"It looks too "neat" for an allergic reaction. I thought if it's an allergic thing, then he would swell all around the area... not just in two neat and symmetrical lumps, you know? The first thing I thought of when I saw it was lymph nodes. "
the dog might have swallowed the wasps--? just a guess ---doctors usually dont make a diagnosis with just a picture---also it could be the salivary glands they do not cause a fever or change in activity level but usualy they do not swell up in a symetrical way. another thing to consider withthe lymph nodes it that they usualy are hard circumscribed glands not loose swellings. it is fun to guess but we hope the dog is ok and it would be great if we are told what the doctor says