Mosquito spray for dogs?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Mosquito spray for dogs?

Postby rosiegirl » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:58 am

anyone else have mosquito problems? They are really bad already and Rosie likes to just sit out in the yard and she gets a lot of mosquito bites. I have been putting a little bit of bug spray on her so they stay off, hopefully its ok. I don't put it on her head just a quick spray over her back.
I also use the topspot flea stuff that goes between the shoulder blades, but it seems to kinda wear off. Anyone know of a better way to keep the mosquito's off?
rosiegirl

Postby barbponys » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:10 am

I use a combination of essential oils in water. Eucalyptus and ........... crap........I've drawn a blank! They are both natural insect repelants, I put half an eye dropper of each in a 16 oz spray bottle. Before they go out in the evening I shake it up to mix and I spray them down. My pug is allergic to mosquitoes and I prefer to avoid chemicals. The mosquitoes are bad right now and it's just the beginning of summer :sad:
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby barbponys » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:11 am

Pennyroyal.........that's the other oil. Whew, feel like an idiot forgetting like that.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby yuk237 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:35 pm

I use advantix for fleas and ticks, but it also keeps mosqitos off of him to. Its great stuff.
yuk237

Postby jmann4 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:36 pm

You can use Garlic mixed into some water. Yes, they will smell for a while but it's not that bad. You can also use Eucalyptus (sp?) as someone else suggested that is a very good repellent.
jmann4

Postby Skeptik » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:53 pm

So, is bug spray a definate no???

what if you use that skin so soft lotion repellent???
Skeptik

Return to Health Issues