New from the North Bay area (Falka)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New from the North Bay area (Falka)

Postby medium mike » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:08 am

Just wanted to say hello from Callander Ontario(I am about 10 minutes from North Bay). I own a bully and am in the process of acquiring another one. My current bully is turning 9 years old and has been a dream dog. I can not say one bad thing about her. She makes us laugh daily with her attitude and just being who she is. Like I said she is turning 9, we have owned her since a pup and I would not change a thing. Well maybe slow down time so that she can be with us forever. Her name is Falka, I will try to post some pictures of her later on in the week. I can not say enough about this dog. The breed in general. She continues to surprise us. On the weekend we did a dog test with her. See we live in a rural area with very few people around us. I have to admit that her dog social skills, well we never socialized her at all with dogs. So in preparation to getting a new dog we had taken her out to a rescue to see what would happen. Again she continues to shock us. She met about 6 dogs, with the final dog being a 4 month old female puppy that was jumping on her back, literally. We had to give her a bath cause she was full of sand the next day. But she did not respond negativity in any way to any of the dogs, including the puppy. The 3 other people that were there said they never seen that before and that there dogs would have defiantly reacted to the puppy. The rescue said that was the best dog test that she has ever seen. Especially meeting another female puppy. In fact the female puppy (the person from the rescue pointed out) she had to most positive response to. Her tail was really high and wagging. Anyway, this is a great breed and we look forward to getting another one real soon.
medium mike

Postby tjbsandy » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:33 am

:hi Welcome!
tjbsandy

Postby melkissa » Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:30 am

Welcome!
melkissa

Postby pittymomma » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:40 am

Welcome Mike! Glad you decided to join.

Mike and his family will be adopting Aroma, because this will be a same sex placement (with a dig age difference) Falka had to be tested in every possible situation. I am sure she will make a wonderful additon to your family.

You guys are UBER prepared to handle the responsibilty of 2 female bully and have gone above and beyond to prove it too us.

Thank you for patience and offering up all needed info and checks etc. You could have easily went elsewhere but proved you were the best home out there for Aroma!! KUDOS

Heres smarty pants Aroma. Hopefully she will be going to her new home this weekend or next.

V& the brats
pittymomma
Bully Ambassador

Postby medium mike » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:11 pm

What a cute girl. I know that she will get along great with Falka. Like I said the female pup that was jumping on her was being a total brat and Falka did not even growl. The ruscue lady said that when she brought her out. She said I am not going to try and control her in any way, I want her to be a puppy to Falka. She did and Falka did not respond. I think she is going to be a great foster mom. She will have 2 babies. My son (who she loves to smother with kisses when he gets home from school) and Aroma.
Can't wait...
medium mike

Postby ripley6 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:33 pm

Awwww, what a cutie pie! So glad you were so thorough in making sure these girls would get along.

:welcome:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Astah » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:48 pm

Very welcome! What a great story, its so sweet to hear about you and your elderly very loved pit :) She sounds stellar and i cant wait to see pics of her (i looove the older ones) and the new brat :)

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Postby Spurby » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:40 pm

Welcome Mike!! :peace:

Glad you joined up and i hope you enjoy all the information that can be gained from this site :)

Both pittymomma and i were quite impressed with your patience and willingness to learn, we are positive you are going to provide the best home for Falka :)

Pictures are a MUST too! lol
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Spurby » Tue Apr 19, 2005 3:41 pm

Oops!! best home for Aroma i mean lol
Spurby
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby cleokarrot » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:02 pm

Welcome!!! :))
cleokarrot

Postby Noriko525 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:07 pm

another happy ending!! yay!!! SHe is such a cutie! Can't wait to see pics of Falka too :))

:welcome:
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby mypitmika » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:11 pm

Welcome!!! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ShadowWolf » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:13 pm

Awww! Congrats.
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby Kaytlin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:14 pm

:welcome: And congrats on adopting Aroma! She is so cute.
Kaytlin

Postby Tinka44 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:08 pm

Welcome!! Aroma sounds like one lucky girl! :peace: :thumbsup:
Tinka44
Adolescent Bully

Next

Return to Introductions