Buster from NJ - may need some help!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Buster from NJ - may need some help!

Postby CC » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:52 pm

Hello, I'm here for help.
I am Buster's Mommy. We adopted Buster 2 1/2 years ago. He is just approaching 3 yrs. now - he's about 70 lbs, fawn w/black face - beautiful dog. He is a wonderful sweetie pie. We also have a Siberian Husky, considering they are both males - they get along pretty good. Buster likes our cat too. We were told Buster was mixed with Boxer possibly - but the more I look at all these pics, the more I think he is full pitt. He has some aggression problems lately (towards people) - that is why I am trying to learn everything I can about the breed. I have contacted the shelter we got him from and they won't reply to my e-mails. So here I am.

All the stories and pictures are adorable...I just love my Buster more than anything. He has some obedience problems and he is extremely hyper - which I think led to the aggression - which is probably mine and my husband's fault for not being more structured in his training. He had obedience classes and knows the commands (he doesn't like to do them for me though). He is so loving with us, we just baby him to no end. I'm learning this is really bad. Well, any help I recieve here is most appreciated. Thank you everyone!! And Buster thanks you too!

Buster's Mom, Cindy
CC

Postby melkissa » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Welcome! I'm sure you will learn a lot here.
melkissa

Postby tjbsandy » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:44 am

:welcome:

And congratulations on being willing to research and solve your issues. There is so much information on this site. It will not only make you feel better about your situation, but give you many options on how to handle it. I'm very happy that you found your way here!
tjbsandy

Postby michael » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:48 am

Glad to see you here! It's true that you'll find a load of info here.

What i tend to tell people is to crack open a phone book and look for a local trainer. I've done this and feel like i now have a relationship with a trainer over the phone. Beware that some trainers may hold biases against certian breeds, and don't be afraid to contact more than one.
michael

Postby Wednesday » Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:13 am

Welcome! :hi
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby ripley6 » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:04 am

Hiya! :hi
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby mypitmika » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:54 am

Well hello Buster's Mom & welcome to the forum! I'm sure you're going to find an abundance of information within these pages. There are a bunch of wonderful and experienced members here. Try doing a search and see if any particular issues you're having with Buster have been addressed with other members. I hope we can collectively help you! Thank you for caring enough to get help and research the problems Buster's having. :thumbsup:
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby cleokarrot » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:41 pm

Welcome!!! :))
This is one of the best place out there to find out more about the breed!
cleokarrot

Postby Maryellen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:19 pm

Welcome Busters Mom!! may i ask what shelter you adopted him from? i am in NJ and might be able to help you.
Maryellen

Shelter/Rescue

Postby CC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:32 pm

Hi Maryellen, it was Noah's Ark out of Clark, NJ - I guess they are a rescue group, not a shelter.
Thanks.
CC

Postby Maryellen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:11 pm

ok i have heard of them, they are more of a shelter.. i am sending you a pm now.
Maryellen

Postby Kaytlin » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:20 pm

:welcome: I'm sure you will learn alot here. :)
Kaytlin

Postby moochesmama » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:50 pm

Welcome :))
moochesmama
Bully Ambassador

Postby bullseye77 » Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:09 am

Welcome and I am also sure you will be able to find what your look for here... :peace:
bullseye77

Return to Introductions