Hi, new here!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi, new here!

Postby Eightdogs4me » Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:40 pm

I just wanted to introduce myself.

My name is Emily and I live in central Alabama. I have eight dogs (hence my username :)) ) two of which are pittie mixes. Their names are Waylon and Willy, and the names really fit them, lol.

I am a full time college student trying to find a suitable major (after 4 years of college :roll: ) and a part time veterinary assistant. I worked at a humane shelter for three years and despite the sadness involved, I loved it. Everytime I was able to help an animal, it just made it worth while.

I left due to some severe conflicts with other staff members who were not in it for the animals at all. Now, along with some friends, I run a small, not for profit "unofficial" rescue. We get animals that have been abandoned at vet clinics, some off death row from some shelters, and some just come from the streets.

Pitties have always been a breed favorite of mine, and I've fostered and placed a few of them. Waylon and Willy were originally fosters. They were brought into the shelter from seperate places, but around the same time. They both had demodex. Waylon had severe generalized demodex, and Willy had generalized, but it wasn't too bad yet. I took them as fosters because the then shelter director threatened to put them to sleep once she found I was interested in them. She gave me one day to get them out or else. She wasn't too fond of pitties, and I wasn't too fond of her.

Anyway, I took them, and fostered them. They were both placed with different people at different times, but they both were returned to me fo different reasons. I took that as a sign they were meant to be mine, and never tried to place them again!

I'll stop rambling now, sorry for such a long first post!

Here are some pictures I took of them outside a few days ago:
Waylon:
Willy:
Eightdogs4me

hola there emily,

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:22 pm

i'm new myself, Brett from boston originally, living down in Uruguay now, i just got a pic in the avantar thing how did you get pics attached i've had no luck, someone told me to use photobucket.com, i uploaded but still can't get them onto the PBF page
Brett
Brett

Postby Eightdogs4me » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:17 pm

Brett, once you have them uploaded to photobucket, just copy the url of the picture (see the boxes below the picture(s)?) and paste it into your message. Use the one with the squareish brackets.

It should look like this (witout the extra spaces):
[ img ] http: // www. picture .com... [/img]

Hope that helped.
Eightdogs4me

Postby Astah » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:27 am

Hey! No need to make excuses for a great introductione like that, i really enjoyed so a huge welcome!!!
And youve got quite the family going there, looking foraward to more pics :)
Oh Waylon and Willie are just gorgeous, what lucky puppers to have found you!

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Postby Wednesday » Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:27 am

I love Waylon!! :inlove: :inlove: He reminds me of my girl, Koya. Welcome :hi
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby K9Siren » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:28 am

hi hi hi!!! You're here too! YAY! Now, I get to see more of your family! I love your dogs Emily! :hug:
K9Siren

Postby bullseye77 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:07 am

:peace: Welcome ...GREAT intro!! Can't wait to see more pics!
bullseye77

Postby tjbsandy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:45 am

:hi :welcome:
tjbsandy

Postby ripley6 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:16 am

Love Waylon's smile! All eight are cuties -

:welcome:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ripley6 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:17 am

ooops! Willie's :oops: Looks like Waylon was being the dignified one that day . . . :))
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Pitt-terra » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:43 am

:hi Great pics.
Pitt-terra

Postby mypitmika » Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:31 pm

ripley6 wrote:ooops! Willie's :oops: Looks like Waylon was being the dignified one that day . . . :))

Willie's just excited to be on PBF!

Your dogs are great - welcome! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby danni » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:03 pm

:welcome: wow that is a lot of dogs. I have three and would like more, but do not have the room.
Welcome
danni

Postby Boo439 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:59 pm

Welcome to the board!! Both myself and Chea (adoptashelterpit) used to work at the H.S. and had to leave due to conflicts with the other employees. Her situation is a little different from mine, but I can say I totally understand what you're saying. The people I worked with were on the border of inhumane at times. They didn't give a damn about the animals and it was just another job for them. I'm thankful that you have 2 pit bulls because you seem like a responsible owner.

What kinds of dogs are the other 6? Do you have any pics of them? Just because they aren't pit bulls doesn't mean we don't want to see them. :)) I have a GSD aside from my 2 pit bulls and he gets just as much love as anyone.
Boo439

Postby ripley6 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:15 pm

- from her "Eight is enough" signature, looks like she has a full assortment. But more details, pleeze! :)
ripley6
Forum Junky

Next

Return to Introductions