Vomiting

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Vomiting

Postby jmann4 » Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:33 pm

Angel my 3 year old female has started to vomit a lot. It started yesterday and I thought it might be something that she had eaten. It started again this morning about 6am and I'm starting to worry.

Does anyone know what might be causing this vomiting? I can't take her to the vet until Monday.

Thanks for the help in advance.
jmann4

Postby kazuo » Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:59 pm

Do you know if she got into something she shouldn't have ? Has she ate anything to eat recently that she hasn't before ? How is her poop ?

If it seems like a stomach ache, I believe Pepto Bismol is ok to give. Not exactly sure on the dosage, I would imagine maybe whatever is listed for children. Other than that, make sure she gets plenty of water until you can get her to the vet.

Hope she feels better soon.
kazuo
Site Admin

She seems better

Postby jmann4 » Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:30 am

Here's the thing that throws me. She vomited for maybe 2 days and I was going to take her to the vet, but just as sudden as it started, it stopped.

A week went by and now it started again.

And yesterday she vomited early in the morning and hasn't done it again. She seems to be a little more energetic than she was yesterday.

I'm still going to the vet tomorrow though. Even though it appears to have stopped.

I have racked my brain trying to figure out if she got into something. Looking through the house, the yard, checking her stool, I mean I have been on a serious treasure hunt here.

I have found nothing out of place in the house, nothing that she could get into outside in the yard, I've always kept stuff away from her out there, so it appears to be something I just can't put my finger on.

I did however consider it likely someone may have given her something outside. Kids giving her some sort of food, maybe someone tried to poison her.

I'm going to take precautions, just in case that is the case.

I'll let you know how she's doing in a few days and after a vet visit.

Thanks for the information and advise.
jmann4

We found the problem

Postby jmann4 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:12 pm

Well after some X-ray's we found what Angel's problem was.

She swallowed what looks like a ball. My vet isn't sure and when I looked at the X-ray's it sure does look like a ball.

We'll find out tomorrow when she get's it taken out.

I'm so worried about the operation I can't sit still. I'm always nervous when it comes to my dogs and their health.

I just hope all goes well.
jmann4

Postby kazuo » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:24 pm

Wish her best of luck in the surgery.

With a name like "Angel", I'm sure she'll be fine :).
kazuo
Site Admin

I really hope so

Postby jmann4 » Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:29 pm

I hear these surgeries are routine, but I'm still very nervous. I'll post here when she get's home on Saturday.
jmann4

Return to Health Issues