Clicker + Treat combo for peeing/pooping outside?

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Clicker + Treat combo for peeing/pooping outside?

Postby chson » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:16 am

Hello all.

I'm trying to get my 11 week old puppy (75% APBT/25% Bullmastiff) to pee and poop outside only. I've been using the basic clicker + treat combo as a reward for doing so but he's still having accidents even though I bring him out 6-8 times a day. As a result I've also started to spray him with a water bottle for these accidents.

What do you guys think of this training method? Thanks.

- chson
chson
Newborn Bully

Postby tjbsandy » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:23 am

Please do not use negative training yet!!

At eleven weeks your pup is still an infant, he is going to have accidents. Keep throwing him a party and telling him what a superstar he is every time he goes outside where he is supposed to. Eventually he will get it, but if you lose your patience now all he will learn is not to go when you are looking! Potty training is frustrating, I know, it takes a long time. Lilith is eleven months and still decides to pee on the floor every few weeks just to see if it's okay this time. lol

Look in the training section for lots of other suggestions on potty training. There is a bunch of info already here! Good luck, and try to stay patient! :thumbsup:
tjbsandy

Postby chson » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:16 am

Thanks for replying tjbsandy. I'll hold off on the spray bottle for now.
chson
Newborn Bully

Postby Astah » Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:28 am

Hey and welcome :)
I was so happy to read your reply to this thread! Youll see that your little munchkin will do just fine with some patience, regular routines and loving :) Looking forward to pics!

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Return to Introductions