Newbie Here

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Newbie Here

Postby Z06 Butterfly » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:26 pm

Just found out about this site from a friend and I am pumped!
It is awesome to see that there are so many people out there w/ genuine concern and care for this breed. I get so tired of all of the negativity on other forums, the news, etc....
Anyway, here is a pic of my two babies and there story.
Left is Jeffers and right is Athena.
I adopted both dogs from a rescue here in Houston. I initially looked on their website for a white, stocky pitbull. But when I read the story on Athena, my heart broke and I immediatly said that if she was nice I was taking her home. When she was nine months old her old owner came home drunk and beat her over the head w/ a board b/c she wouldn't stop barking. This fractured her skull and ruptured her eye, causing the vets to remove it and close it perm. I also got a copy of all of her medical records and she was infested w/ several kinds of worms. She sat in this shelter for about 2 years and I have now had her for about a year and a half. When I first saw her, she was somewhat timid, but who can blame her. Now she is one of the best pets and companions I could ask for!

Well, I only intended on getting one dog b/c I lived in an upstairs apt at the time. But when I heard she was caged w/ her "boyfriend" Jeffers, I wanted to see him as well. He greeted me by standing on his hind legs backwards and licking me in the face. Can you say SOLD!!!!

The first day I could only take Athena home b/c Jeffers had yet to get snippy snipped. I didn't pick Jeffers up until 3 days later, and let me tell you, this showed how much they really love each other. Athena was very mellow, but the day I brought Jeffers home, she was the happiest ever. They both played for hours!

Now that is the best reward I could have asked for. They are awesome to me, my friends, family, and even my 9 year old cat Guera. And yes, they are all spoiled rotten! My queen size bed is not big enough for all of us, but we manage! :thumbsup:

Here is the link to Athena's abuse pics, please beware as they are sickning.
http://members.petfinder.org/~TX60/athena.html
Z06 Butterfly

Postby Taz » Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:54 pm

:welcome: & :hi
I'm glad that you made it over here...oh,oh, watch out... :)) j/k
You sorta mentioned it but I wasn't aware of the complete story about Athena - wow! that is sad. Glad to hear that she is in a good home with good friends.
Once again, welcome and hope you enjoy the forum - so far i have.
Taz

Postby Jp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:28 pm

Welcome, and it sounds like you two great doggies :)
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby Jp » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:28 pm

oops..."sounds like you have two great doggies" lol
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby momofclyde » Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:34 pm

Welcome to the boards!!
momofclyde

Postby Z06 Butterfly » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:11 pm

Thanks everyone!

Quick question...
I have been trying to post in other threads and it won't let me. Only in this intro part.
Is there something else I need to do?
Z06 Butterfly

Postby Astah » Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:59 pm

Hi and a huge welcome to you and your wonderful family :welcome:
Boy what a story your girl has, i got all tearyeyed over here :sad: Cant wait to see more pics, enjoy your time here!!!

Asa and Guinness

Oh as for the posting! All new members need to do this initial post and then they get approved my a mod and get to post in the other sections. So just be patient for a bit :)
Astah
Super Bully

Postby Astah » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:01 pm

Astah
Super Bully

Postby Pitt-terra » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:12 pm

:welcome:
Pitt-terra

Postby ripley6 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:15 pm

:welcome: :hi

Welcome! What a great story - I just love happy endings!
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Boo439 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:16 pm

Welcome to the board. Thank you for rescuing!! :bowdown:
Boo439

Postby cleokarrot » Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:18 pm

Welcome!!
cleokarrot

Postby ShadowWolf » Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:10 pm

Welcome to the group!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky