noobie :)

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

noobie :)

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:29 pm

hello, long time reader, first time poster.

my name is jenn, and i don't own a bully (just one cat and an adorable 10 year old chow mix). i volunteer avidly (every weekend and special events) at my local animal shelter, where i've met many a wonderful bully. i love my shelter because they are non-breed specific and do not put down adoptable dogs... so i get to see every dog i fall in love with get a home. it's sad it can't be that way everywhere. come september i'll be moving off to the bay area (sf/oakland california) to continue college so i hope to do more work down there.
Grunge

Postby viceproductions » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:32 pm

which college are you going in the bay area? I love SF!
viceproductions

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:34 pm

oh yeah forgot to add, one of my first loves down at the shelter when i started volunteering was this fella in my icon. his name is bowie, and he is a pit mix. bowie was a really special dog, not only because he had a great personality, but he was also deaf. a couple of our dedicated volunteers worked with him and shelled out money to buy him a vibrating collar. it took nearly a year, but bowie found his forever home several years ago.
Grunge

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:35 pm

viceproductions wrote:which college are you going in the bay area? I love SF!

california college of the arts, majoring in illustration and possibly printmaking :) it's a neat school, with a campus in san fran and one in oakland.
Grunge

Postby Astah » Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:39 pm

Hey and welcome :hi What wonderful work you do, it makes me so happy to see dedicated caring people! Bowie sure looks like a cutie, but sp does your 2 own pets!

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Postby Pitt-terra » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:49 pm

:welcome: Wonderful work you do!
Pitt-terra

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:10 pm

a question if you don't mind. how do i gain access to post in the gallery forum? i have many photos to share :)
Grunge

Postby Pitt-terra » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:13 pm

You have to wait until the mods grant you access. When was your first post? I'm not sure how long it takes to get access I think around 1-2 days, just depends on when the mods can get to it. You can post pics here if you like or wait till you get access.
Pitt-terra

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:38 pm

ah, okie :) i posted, aaaah, a couple hours ago so i can wait ;) thanks for the info.
Grunge

Postby PitBullPride » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Welcome
PitBullPride

Postby Boo439 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:50 pm

Welcome to the board!
Boo439

Postby mypitmika » Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Welcome! :hi it's always a pleasure to welcome people with such a caring heart. And while you're waiting...we certainly wouldn't mind seeing pics here!! :)
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:08 pm

Welcome to the forum! :))
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Sally_Dog77 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:30 pm

Hey Grunge, seen you on deviant! Welcome :D
Sally_Dog77
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Grunge » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:37 pm

heheh, good idea! :)

here's a few more shots of bowie. i sure do miss him.

he has one ear that flops and one that doesn't.

he's a rather silly boy since he is affixed to relections and shadows.

his adorable face

bowie <3

here are a few other adopted babies who caught my heart. most of my photos are shot behind bars since i usually take quick snap shot of them while they're in the holding pens (while their kennels are cleaned out in in the morning). it looks sad but i assure you the volunteers give them lots of attention and exersize and most (if not all) of the photos i have taken are of adopted dogs.

this is chloe. i fell in love with her hard. she was quite an angel.

daffy was quite a goof ball like his name suggests. he was love sick with annabell who was in the next kennel over. photos i took of him were used as inspiration for this piece of artwork i did for one of the shelter's special events. he's recently been adopted.

gigi had the looks of a beauty queen but no manners! a few dedicated folks worked hard with her and she was adopted shortly after arriving.

gracie was another one of my faaaavorites! (ssh! don't tell the others!) this would be the dog i would adopt if i were able to.

jonny was a big fella! he had the most BEAUTIFUL black coat i've ever seen. deep and silky and dark as outer space.

i didn't get to know marcus that well, but he was quite an eye catcher. how can you risist that face?

rascal was a bully mix who was as sweet as they come.

and many others! this is the directory where i hold all the photos i take of our shelter dogs.
http://www.qrow.com/web/images/spca/

oh, and this isn't our dog (it's a pup from the caped dog services organization) but i thought it was too cute to pass up.

sorry if that's too many images to post at once! :oops:
Grunge

Next

Return to Introductions