New members here!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

New members here!

Postby happy_pitbull » Sun May 01, 2005 12:16 am

Hi everybody! Where has this forum been all my life!?? I'm just finding this now!?? How awesome!

My hubby(age 27) and I (age 31) are from Nova Scotia, Canada. We have THREE gorgeous Pitbulls, Baby...the mom...age 6....and her two kids, Tigger..age 5, and Peaches...age 5. We love them like they are our kids, and they are our life, more than you'll ever know. (I'll get some pics on here as soon as I figure out how!!) We could write a book about all the adventures we have had with them, and mostly about the mis-understandings we get from other people about the breed. We constantly have to try and educate people on the breed, and in recent years even prevented a breed-ban in our home town. We were the only two people to protest the ban, and we educated the members of the council enough to stop the ban. Ban aggressive dogs, if they are proven to be aggressive, but do not ban a breed, especially one that actually loves people SO much!!

Other than our three pits, I also have 4 aquariums, and love tropical fish.

So, in a nut shell, that is us and our dogs!!! Hi !!!
:thumbsup:
happy_pitbull

Postby dopeychristy » Sun May 01, 2005 12:20 am

Hi and welcome to the forum! :)
dopeychristy

Postby Cheshirekatt » Sun May 01, 2005 12:24 am

Hello and welcome!

We keep aquariums, too. We've got a 65 gallon with an ornery oscar and a pleco and an 85 gallon with a southern painted turtle and a cooter.
Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby stella » Sun May 01, 2005 12:43 am

:welcome:
stella
Matured Bully

Postby happy_pitbull » Sun May 01, 2005 12:45 am

Hi ! An oscar eh!? I was thinking of getting one of those to feed my extra guppies too!!! :)

SO, here we go, I found a place to upload my pics to!! Here are my kids!!

Baby: 6 years old, had a litter of 11 puppies (plus one that didn't make it)

Peaches: She is a BIG licker..and will lay at your feet and lick them for hours!! I mean it! If you got shorts on, look out, she will lick every inch of bare skin! Its amazing!

The there is Tigger, he is a clown, and loves to laugh and play. Hw jumps at you like a prayin' mantis with his front legs splayed in a weird way. Also, like his names suggests, Tigger loves to jump and bounce.

Peaches, Baby, and Tigger say hello!!!!!!
:peace:
happy_pitbull

Postby Wednesday » Sun May 01, 2005 12:51 am

Nice pups! :inlove: Welcome to PBF :))
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby happy_pitbull » Sun May 01, 2005 1:40 am

This forum is just so great. I think I may be up all night reading! It is now 3:30 am here! Sheesh! :))

There are so many things I want to say!! I tried posting in the other forums, as I thought I would be granted access right away, after posting my initial hello here, but no access yet, so I guess I will have to let off some steam here!! I hope this is not inappropriate! If so, sorry!

About the ban in Ontario: Question..is there a grandfather clause? Fact: I wrote that ignorant Bryant myself two times, and I'm in Nova Scotia, and protested the breed ban. I got two automatic replies back...I feel so bad about that breed ban, and still cannot get over the fact that he is unable to learn any facts about the breed what-so-ever!!

Second: Today on ebay there was a guy from the UK selling a pitbull skull and jaw bone! Can you believe it! I was sickened, and there was actually two bids on it already! I reported it to ebay , and thank god it was just taken off!!! Talk about what that could do if it was allowed on there! A market for Pit skulls!! :wallbang:

Anywho......I'll keep my other thoughts in until I can get in the other forums.

:tongue:
happy_pitbull

Postby violet » Sun May 01, 2005 2:09 am

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have another fish enthusiast too!!!
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Wednesday » Sun May 01, 2005 2:13 am

happy_pitbull wrote:[color=blue] About the ban in Ontario: Question..is there a grandfather clause?

Yes, existing pit owners will be allowed to keep their dogs as long as they are spayed/neutered, and muzzled while in public. :sad: Anyone who moves out of the province for more than three months will not be able to return with their dogs. The law doesn't go into effect until August 29th so we are enjoying our last months of freedom here with our unmuzzled dogs.
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Astah » Sun May 01, 2005 5:30 am

Hello and very welcome :hi ! Sounds like you have a wonderful family :) I must say that Tigger is just utterly adorable!

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Postby PitBullPride » Sun May 01, 2005 8:21 am

Welcome! :)
PitBullPride

Postby tjbsandy » Sun May 01, 2005 8:41 am

Don't start off your PBF life by staying up all night to read it!
Full blown addiction will come in time! lol

Welcome aboard!
tjbsandy

Postby mypitmika » Sun May 01, 2005 9:26 am

Welcome!! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun May 01, 2005 10:35 am

Welcome to the group! Beautiful dogs!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby Kaytlin » Sun May 01, 2005 11:39 am