Wow. Hello.

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Wow. Hello.

Postby kjenn » Sun May 01, 2005 12:44 am

I have a pit and a rott and love them mucho. Our rott had parvo and we stayed up 24/7 with him giving him gatorade in a dropper for 5 days straight. The neighbor kids where we used to live teased him a lot through the fence. Where I live now, our fence is wooden. He has overcome the abuse with our love. And he is a lot stronger physically.

Our pit is really a strange girl. But so full of love. She was so skiddish from the start and was stand-offish from the rest of the brood and was bullied a lot. So we took her in. Mostly our animals are rescues. All of our cats are. If we are in one room, they all flock to us. She is so much less skiddish and so "out of her shell" now. She had fears about the weirdest things. I still think the owner may have abused her. I don't know though. Can you imagine abusing a thing like that in the pic? wow. Crazy.

On a really good note, I think I have this to share that is very interesting. When our rott had parvo, he became weak after this for many months. We did praise like crazy for him when he drank water. And we would hand feed him water once a day anyway. Our summers are really hot hot here. I would walk down into our cellar and back up again and it finally hit me.

I dug a huge hole in the backyard under his dog house that actually spread out wide underneath. I took the bottom off of his igloo dog house. And I dug like steps down into the hole. He stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer when he is outside. And my landlord never knew cause all you can see is the dog house.

Anyway, I am not into all this trying to get dogs to be exactly what the press would have them be, so I will just read. I think containment is very important and have seen terrible conditions that people try to keep dogs in. I don't believe in spanking dogs and inflicting violence on them either. I believe in good food and love. I am so picky as to my dogs habitat that I rake the yard every week. They are kept clean and ears checked and bodies gone over with baths. I fix all my animals and they also get all of their shots. They also have training so as to obey and not to be snapping at us either even around food. I have signs up and insurance. They even watch TV with us.

They go camping with us and they have even jumped in the bath with my youngest daughter.
kjenn

Postby Wednesday » Sun May 01, 2005 12:53 am

Welcome to PBF! :))
Wednesday
Bully Ambassador

Postby Cheshirekatt » Sun May 01, 2005 1:11 am

You sound like me! I swear this is the home for wayward strays. I'm a sucker for the old and broken animals that no one else wants.

Congrats on getting you pup through parvo...that's a tough one. When I worked for the vet we had a mastiff/rott mix 6 mo old pup that was abandonded at the clinic by his owners. He was soooooo sick but eventually made it through. I fostered him until I found him a great home but lemme tell ya, it was hard to give him up!

Welcome and have fun here at PBF!
Cheshirekatt
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby violet » Sun May 01, 2005 2:10 am

:welcome:
violet
Addicted to PBF

Postby Astah » Sun May 01, 2005 5:20 am

Hi and welcome :hi
Sounds like youre a loving owner and i am looking foward to pics!

Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Postby tjbsandy » Sun May 01, 2005 8:31 am

:welcome: :hi
tjbsandy

Postby phez718 » Sun May 01, 2005 8:34 am

Welcome to the board. :thumbsup:
phez718

Postby mypitmika » Sun May 01, 2005 9:29 am

Thanks for the intro. And again, welcome! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ShadowWolf » Sun May 01, 2005 10:33 am

Welcome to the group!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby Boo439 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:37 pm

Welcome to the board! :)
Boo439

Postby bullseye77 » Mon May 02, 2005 3:42 am

Great intro!!! Welcome to PBF!
bullseye77

Postby ripley6 » Mon May 02, 2005 10:28 am

:hi

Awwww, what a sweet little girl pup pic! Sounds like your critters have a great mom :)
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Pitt-terra » Mon May 02, 2005 11:58 am

:welcome:
Pitt-terra

2 intros

Postby kjenn » Mon May 02, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi,

From my other post I have looked into something regarding my dogs barking at people that go by.

I have to say that I am considering what was posted to me about my dogs being undersocialized. I have been watching them bark at people. Most people that go by our yard are looking like people that would do you some harm, but some are really scared when our dogs bark. In the past, I put a barking collar on our rott. It cut his barking down to a very minimum. I am going to put them on my pit and rott. I didn't realize that people were jumping out of their skin by our house.

In talking to people, everyone has different opinions. Some say "that is what you want in this area". And others say "Well, it is true that your dogs may run the other way if trouble really comes unless they are trained to attack and not afraid of people". So, it is interesting. I will put the collars on them. The technology is this: when the dog barks, the collar emits a "beep" and the dog stops barking just because he hears the beep. It is not harmful to the ears at all. I want to try it and see if they become less aggresive. I didn't know our pit can look sooooo vicious.

This is my first step for now. Our rott was teased so much by the neighbor kids where we used to live, that I know that is why he bit the people putting their hands over the fence here, and to work on that is another issue.

He is very cute though if any of us jump on our trampoline. He jumps up onto the trampoline and takes our hand with his jaws and leads us off of the trampoline. He sees it as dangerous. And of course, we lead into another discussion about trampolines. Believe me, my kids are never on it unsupervised and no one else is allowed on it. They are taught what not to do to avoid injury. I am sure I have opened another can of worms. But I appreciate that many people have different opinions.

I don't think, however, that I have a pit that will attack. I think I have one that scares people. But I don't know what I have with my rott. That may be another board. Thanks.
kjenn

Return to Introductions