classic hello I'm new intro...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby mypitmika » Tue May 03, 2005 3:54 pm

Welcome! That was a great intro! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby rgyoung777 » Tue May 03, 2005 4:21 pm

Hey, welcome to you and your canine family!

If you are suspicious that your Grim may be a mix because of his color/markings, take a look at this dog:

http://www.apbtconformation.com/tri11.jpg

He's a purebred APBT. Tanpoint/tricolor APBTs aren't all that common, but it is in fact, a normal color for the breed. Tanpoint/tricolors can be black, blue, or chocolate, like your boy. He's beautiful, and probably a purebred pit bull.

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PBF. :)
Last edited by rgyoung777 on Wed May 04, 2005 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgyoung777
Addicted to PBF

Postby hookilau » Tue May 03, 2005 11:46 pm

Thanks everyone!...you are all so welcoming!

I'm really enjoying your posts and the intelligent bully conversations that I'm brimming over with all sorts of comparisons to how life was before I found all this info was so readily available. :peace:

And a special thanks to the person who posted the link to the bully who looks like my Grimmy! :thumbsup: You rock! and so does the pic!...I've *never* seen a dog like that before! I've been googling all weekend and prowling the dogster pages to find one that had markings like Grim but though I found many with the same color and same sort of face, none had the same tan points.

A man even walked up to me and Grimmy to say hello and pet the pup and he launched into a story about a red dobie he recently met. I think he assumed Grim was a Doberman pup. Even a new veterinarian at our hospital walked past Grim and made a comment on how rare it is to see a Doberman these days! :)

I'll be honest, only after these 2 things happened did I start to wonder about his parentage. I hope he'll stay in the lower 50's range but the breeder has 60-80 pounders. It's most possible that Grimmy is a throwback because supposedly the dam is bk/wh and the sire was red, ah but who knows, I'm just happy for this loving little soul the powers that be saw fit to put in my path...I'm lovin' my new pup and enjoying my new pals! Thanks everyone! 8)
hookilau

Postby hookilau » Wed May 04, 2005 1:17 am

O snap! lol
Rachel, you were dead on the money about Grimmy. Check out this link I found http://www.wildsidekennels.com/articles/tanpoint.html the article is appropriately named "hey that dawg don't look purebred!"

I'm floored. Although I did refer to Grimmy's suspicious markings as 'points', to my mind it was a bastardization of the 'seal' or 'blue' points of a siamese cat. roflmao

I had no idea that this is the true term used to describe his coloration. I say again, you ROCK! :headbang: Although it took quite a bit of seaching, I checked out yahoo for 'tan point pit bull' and was able to come up with the above link. I feel silly now for doubting the breeder and it seems my Grimmy is a fairly rare or oft unseen Chocolate Tan Point not unlike the Black and Tan Point PB who sports very Rottie-like markings.

Shooot!...I've gotta go update Grim's dogster page! Thanks again for the head's up about Grimmy! :peace:

Anyone else have a doggie like this?...I'd luuurv to see pics!
hookilau

Postby cleokarrot » Wed May 04, 2005 3:30 pm

Welcome!! :headbang:
cleokarrot

Postby saturn2 » Fri May 06, 2005 12:52 pm

:welcome: Grimmy is just too cute! I just love those little floppy ears! I'm sorry to hear that Tank is having a pretty rough time right now. Please accept my condolences on the passing of Pony.

Glad to have you onboard!
~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Previous

Return to Introductions