Been lurking for a while...

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Been lurking for a while...

Postby Buckwheat » Tue May 10, 2005 12:06 pm

Hello, all...

I've been lurking on this site for the past week or so. My g/f, Liz (AKA Precious Jasmine) has already been up on here for a short while and I decided, what the heck, I may as well join the fun too.

I've already squandered more time than I'd like to admit reading up on any and everything on here. I'm looking forward to posting and attending some of those fabled FL Pit Bull meets.
Buckwheat

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue May 10, 2005 12:07 pm

:welcome: :doggie:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby ripley6 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:09 pm

:hi Welcome!
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Boo439 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:10 pm

Welcome to the board!!! I can't wait to meet you guys. I can't make it to all of the meets, but I am going to try to make the next one. :thumbsup:
Boo439

Postby mypitmika » Tue May 10, 2005 3:13 pm

Welcome to the board! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby ripley6 » Tue May 10, 2005 4:16 pm

The piece you wrote about saying goodby to Jasmine, well, it was very special, and brought back our memories . . . :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

We had to say goodbye to our 14 1/2 year old last summer. My husband was leaving for two months, and I was dreading the possibility that I might have to make the decision myself if something happened - and how could I possibly explain to him over the phone - ? She was getting creaky but not too bad, considering. Five days before he left, her condition changed drastically - she couldn't stand and she eliminated on herself, something she never, ever, ever would have tolerated. We made the decision together to let her go with dignity and love. My husband was able to say goodbye and hold her as she crossed the bridge . . .

And now you have smiles with Precious, and we have Lil' Biscuit -
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Precious_Jasmine » Tue May 10, 2005 5:47 pm

Ripley -

It is almost eerie how we had to endure the same pain. Our babies are in a better place, I know my Jazzy-poo is chasin lizards and swimmin around in some really awesome body of water. :)
Precious_Jasmine
Newborn Bully

Postby Buckwheat » Thu May 12, 2005 9:18 am

Ripley,

I wrote that the day after we had to let Jasmine go. I was bawling through the whole thing. But, it was something I just had to do to help me through the letting go process. It really did help a lot.

She was the first pet I’ve ever been with for that. I had a dog and a cat when I was growing up and I was at school both times when my parents brought them in. I had the chance to be there, but I didn’t want to put myself through it. In retrospect, I wish I had been there. But I feel happy to have had the chance to comfort Jazzy during her last moments with us. It made me feel vindicated of the guilt for not having been with the other two.

I think that Jasmine, being the unselfish girl she was, wanted us to rescue and take in another animal after she left us. And wherever she is, I know she’s happy and waiting for us to join her.
Buckwheat

Return to Introductions