Hey from NC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hey from NC

Postby brx017 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:31 pm

Whats up everybody? Ive been lurking around for about a week and thought it was time I registered.

My name is Brooks, and Im from a little town called Taylorsville, NC. Im about an hour NW of Charlotte if anyone knows where that is. Im right in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.

A little about me: I'll be 22 in a few weeks (May 31st). I only have one dog right now, a weiner-dog named Penny. She will be 49 in doggie years on the 31st. We have the same birthday! I also have a wonderful girlfriend of almost 6 years, Natalie.

I'll hopefully graduate in December with my associate's in Industrial Engineering. I already work as an engineer (5 years now) for a furniture industry supplier.

As far as hobbies go, I love working on cars. I drive a WRX, but insurance is so high right now I cant really afford to do much to it. But, Im currently restoring a 1976 Toyota Celica for my little brother.

Anyway, Im planning on adopting a pit bull soon, but Im waiting until I get a place of my own. I recently bought a piece of land, and hope to move there in the next year or so. I hate to wait that long to get a pit, but I want to make sure I can give him/her the space and attention they'll need.

I hope to learn a lot from this forum, and maybe meet some pit bull lovers near by.

That's enough yackin' for now.

Later, Brx
brx017

Postby Pitt-terra » Tue May 10, 2005 4:54 pm

:welcome: Brroks. Great intro. You sound like you are very busy currently. Welcome to PBF.
Pitt-terra

Postby pitbullgrl » Tue May 10, 2005 6:03 pm

:hi :run:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby BootsiesMom » Tue May 10, 2005 6:04 pm

:welcome: hi
BootsiesMom
Newborn Bully

Postby mypitmika » Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 pm

Great intro Brooks! We're glad to have you as part of the board! I'm sure you'll find lots of great people and information here. :hi

PS - weiner-dogs are so cute! I was playing with 2 of them at a party at a friend's house the other day!
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby happy_pitbull » Tue May 10, 2005 9:56 pm

:cheerleader:

Welcome..and hey, we have the same birthday!! 8)
happy_pitbull

Postby brx017 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:29 pm

Thanks everyone. This seems like such a friendly forum. Im used to car forums where everyone is always at each other's throats, and so sarcastic. Not the kind of people you want to engage in conversation.

...and happy_pitbull, thats cool we have the same birthday! :)) A friend of mine has the same birthday as us too, but he's a year younger than me. He'll be 21 soon.

Brooks
brx017

Postby Boo439 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:37 pm

Welcome to the board!! I'm glad to see another import fan has joined! Do you have any pics of your WRX? I have pics of my cars in my sig. I think I'm one of the more car-fanatical people on the board. lol
Boo439

Postby brx017 » Wed May 11, 2005 4:24 pm

I dont have any pictures handy of the WRX I have now, but you can check out some pictures of my old WRX :crybaby: (RIP)...

http://webpages.charter.net/brx/wrx01.htm

By the way, that is one sweet Integra you have! I LOVE the JDM conversion! :headbang:

I'll try to get some good rally-style pictures of my subie for my avatar or sig.

Brooks
brx017

Postby Boo439 » Wed May 11, 2005 4:51 pm

Wow... you are lucky to be alive. I've seen my fair share of nasty accidents. I can't wait to see pics of the new one, and thanks for the props. :thumbsup:
Boo439

Postby ripley6 » Thu May 12, 2005 9:04 am

:welcome:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Taz » Thu May 12, 2005 9:16 am

:welcome: & :hi
This is a great board with alot of info - enjoy it..
I see we have another car crazed fool... :cheers:
Taz

Return to Introductions