Greetings from Baltimore!!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Greetings from Baltimore!!

Postby bully4u » Sun May 15, 2005 10:23 am

Hi Everyone!

A friend of mine rescued a gorgeous PB puppy last Monday (5/9) and on Tuesday morning I met him and she asked me to save her the trip to the shelter to drop him off.

Can you tell I still have him? :inlove: LOL

With help from the great PB Rescue people here, we've decided to adopt him. Still looking for his owner(s) but no luck so far. He was starving, skin & bones, and was rescued from running in front of a schoolbus. No collar, microchip, etc.

In researching the breed for the past few days, I've fallen in love with the breed. Jake (as we named him) is the best puppy I've ever met!! He's wonderful! My daughter turns 3 in August and my son is almost 7. He's amazing with them and I have some pictures of Jake and my daughter sleeping nose to nose. All my pics are too big to use them as my avatar :sad: Here's an album (all pics were taken with a pager camera, so not great quality): http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/danica_le ... CBdTdcAwTk - The first 2 pics were taken the moment I first met him.

Based on his baby teeth, people think he's somewhere between 10-14 weeks old. The rescue gal who's helping me get started (and introduced me to this site) will meet him in person today and hopefully get a better idea :)

Now I have to figure out/find some good puppy kindergarten/training!

Dani
bully4u

Postby Motodiva » Sun May 15, 2005 10:36 am

Welcome!!! He is gorgeous. There is a lot of good info here, especially in the health and training sections. If you have questions, ask them. This community is here to help.

10-14 weeks looks about right by the pictures. I made up a birthday for my rescues so it was easier to remember. He is sooo adorable. Doyou have any other animals?

Again, welcome!!!!

Sanya
Motodiva
Bully Lover 4 Life

Hi Sanya!

Postby bully4u » Sun May 15, 2005 10:53 am

My husband walked out on us last June (my kids are about to turn 3 and 7) and since then we've adopted/rescued 6 cats in quick succession! LOL! The last 2 cats just arrived in the past couple of months. Most of the cats are wild x domestic hybrids (Bengal, Savannah, Chausie) and 3 of them just turned 1 year old, the rest are under 1 year.

My parents (who are already very upset that I have more than 1 pet, LOL) are really going to freak out when they find out he's a PB. My dad has already said if it's a PB (something aroused his suspicions), "surrender him to the shelter immediately, dumbo!" My mom is babysitting my daughter on Weds AM and will meet him for the first time then. Unfortunately he'll be crated, since I don't think his whining/crying/barking and clawing at the bedroom door will endear him to my mother. I'm borrowing a crate today to start getting him used to being in one...

:)
bully4u

Postby pitbullgrl » Sun May 15, 2005 11:21 am

welcome :hi and he is a beautiful pup :inlove:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby angel_1526 » Sun May 15, 2005 11:53 am

:inlove: What a beautiful puppy! He seems very calm from the pictures!
angel_1526

Postby Kaytlin » Sun May 15, 2005 12:28 pm

:welcome: He is so handsome!
Kaytlin

Thanks everyone!

Postby bully4u » Sun May 15, 2005 12:53 pm

You're right, he's SO calm I'm starting to wonder if he's ok!!! LOL lol I thought I had read online/heard that they are very hyper and energetic for about 2-3 years when I started researching the breed this week. This was also one of the things that attracted me to him/surprised me when I first met him, especially since I have a little girl and he was SO good with her. When we go to Petsmart, he sits in the cart like a good boy and everyone stops/comes over to pet him and chat with him. He loves riding in the car too lol
bully4u

Postby Noriko525 » Sun May 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Welcome!! He is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you so much for saving him!!
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby mypitmika » Sun May 15, 2005 7:30 pm

aww I wouldn't have been able to let him go either! What a cutie! Welcome to the forum! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby bully4u » Sun May 15, 2005 8:38 pm

Thanks, everyone! You're all so nice :) And thanks for making me feel good about keeping him, it was a tough decision even though we all fell in love quick :)

My parents met him tonight and they loved him!!! He was SO calm and well behaved. Despite their being VERY upset with me for getting a 7th pet (the last 2 rescue kittens just came in over the last couple of months or so), let alone a dog, let alone a PIT BULL! Hehe! lol

The PB Rescue gal met him tonight and loaned me a crate..she thinks he's about 4 months old or so (says he does have some adult teeth, top front and center)..so averaging what she said with what others have said, the average would be about 14 weeks old (3.5 months)?? She thought he was big for his age, and tall. He's leggy, kind of like a Boxer or a newborn colt (?) but he was also starving so he's slender, not stocky.
bully4u

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Mon May 16, 2005 8:43 am

roflmao Congrats!!!! I am also from Balto. (now live in the county). Since you may not be able to get into the other sections yet. Let me inform you that us Marylanders have a few doggie events coming up. I will get the info. if you are interested in cocming and showing off your newest family member I will PM you with the info. Once again :welcome:
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby pblove » Mon May 16, 2005 10:11 am

Hello and welcome,
Where in Bmore are you "hun"? roflmao
pblove
Addicted to PBF

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Mon May 16, 2005 10:12 am

roflmao , ha ha ha ha "Hun", lol.
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby GuardianAMBULL » Mon May 16, 2005 1:31 pm

I met Jake last night......what a cutie! I have some more pictures of him. He is very thin, even after a week of bully4u fattening him up. Very mild mannered, but a normal pup. He got lucky falling into her hands, thats for sure.

Keep us posted bully4u!
GuardianAMBULL
2 Legit 2 Quit Bully

Crate

Postby bully4u » Mon May 16, 2005 1:52 pm

I have to order a crate this Friday for pickup next week. The one I really want is the 1800 line (http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/Produc ... I-1800.asp) but my friends tell me he'll chew it up. Anyone disagree, if enough people disagree I can get it :)) LOL roflmao Otherwise I'll have to get this one (http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/Produc ... S-1600.asp) but I really like the wicker line.

I'm in Catonsville...hon LOL and yes I'd love the event listing, thanks!

Yay, GuardianAmbull, you got pics of Jake? I can't wait to see them since I don't really have any good ones (or any taken with a real camera as opposed to my pager). I'd love to have some to send my friends & family. By the way, he's very good in the crate. He went in there and went right to sleep. He's probably been in one before (I'm just trying to convince you that he won't chew up the wicker one LOL..but it is true).
bully4u

Next

Return to Introductions