Hello from Texas

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from Texas

Postby Chiron » Mon May 16, 2005 3:05 pm

My name is Jeff and I'm the proud owner of a Rednose named Chiron. He's only 6 weeks old and is still nervous about the new house. I'll see if I can find a Camera to take some pictures at a later date.
Chiron

Postby angel_1526 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:11 pm

Welcome! Where in Texas are you from? I'm from Dallas.
angel_1526

Postby Boo439 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:13 pm

Welcome to the board! Where did you get Chiron from? 6 weeks is a little young for him to be away from his mother. Puppies learn a lot from their mothers from 6-8 weeks of age. In any case, I think we will all be eagerly awaiting pics of your new family member. :)
Boo439

Postby angel_1526 » Mon May 16, 2005 3:20 pm

Boo439 wrote:Welcome to the board! Where did you get Chiron from? 6 weeks is a little young for him to be away from his mother. Puppies learn a lot from their mothers from 6-8 weeks of age. In any case, I think we will all be eagerly awaiting pics of your new family member. :)

You're right. We rescued our second pit, Simba, when he was only 5 weeks old from a family that was irresponsibly breeding! Luckily, we were able to meet Simba's parents and both had gentle temperment. We had to nurse him on formula but he's turned out to be a great dog! He went to puppy day care and got lots of socialization. :thumbsup:
angel_1526

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Mon May 16, 2005 3:23 pm

roflmao Welcome, I love that name!!!
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby Pitt-terra » Mon May 16, 2005 4:47 pm

:welcome: Thanks for rescuing :peace:
Pitt-terra

Postby Kaytlin » Mon May 16, 2005 6:42 pm

:welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby saturn2 » Mon May 16, 2005 7:29 pm

:welcome: to PBF Jeff and Chiron.

~Sharon
saturn2
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Chiron » Mon May 16, 2005 7:41 pm

angel_1526 wrote:Welcome! Where in Texas are you from? I'm from Dallas.

I'm in the Ft. Hood area. I got him from a breeder before reading all the info on this site unfortunately. He's got good temperment though I did get to see the mom and dad but I didn't like how the breeder kept the puppies so rather than wait 8 weeks I picked him up at 6 instead. Aye I picked him name out from Greek mythology. The only thing I've noticed is he sleeps alot!
Chiron

Postby pitbullgrl » Mon May 16, 2005 9:35 pm

:welcome: :dog:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby DaddyOutlaw » Mon May 16, 2005 10:31 pm

Howdy

I used to party in Killeen in the early 90's. My sister lives on base in Ft.Hood now.
Houston now :po:
DaddyOutlaw

Postby DaddyOutlaw » Mon May 16, 2005 10:32 pm

^^^^ I meant Im in Houston now...
DaddyOutlaw

Postby angel_1526 » Tue May 17, 2005 9:29 am

Chiron wrote:
angel_1526 wrote:Welcome! Where in Texas are you from? I'm from Dallas.

I'm in the Ft. Hood area. I got him from a breeder before reading all the info on this site unfortunately. He's got good temperment though I did get to see the mom and dad but I didn't like how the breeder kept the puppies so rather than wait 8 weeks I picked him up at 6 instead. Aye I picked him name out from Greek mythology. The only thing I've noticed is he sleeps alot!

I know how you feel b/c I took Simba at 5 weeks. The person we got ours from was someone we knew. The parents are both great dogs but the place they had set up for the puppies was not clean, safe, etc. They left them outside at night even though their backyard is overrun w/ wild animals at night (raccoons, snakes, etc). Next time I get a dog I will definitely be adopting from a shelter!
angel_1526

Postby lucydog » Tue May 17, 2005 10:25 am

Welcome! There are a lot of bulldog owners in Texas!
lucydog
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Taz » Tue May 17, 2005 11:10 am

:welcome:
another Texas member... :thumbsup:
Taz

Next

Return to Introductions