dont know if i introduced myself

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

dont know if i introduced myself

Postby drfrankenstein » Wed May 18, 2005 8:31 am

hey all i dont think i erly introduced myself yet, im mike, better known as the good drfrankenstein to my friends because of the things i to do my cars. well i have a 1.5year old female pittbull, that i have had since she was jus a few weeks old. and i have to confess i have been a bad father. i need to get on track with my dog.. she needs house broken, she needs to stop jumping on people, and learn to do more than sit, not to mention she wont listen when others are around.. i dont konw if this is normal, but i have had other pittbulls b4, but they were born listening to me. my dogs a spoiled donkey brat. i need help
drfrankenstein

Postby pitbullforever » Wed May 18, 2005 8:41 am

:welcome: you'll find lots of good advise here. :))
pitbullforever
Forum Junky

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Wed May 18, 2005 9:03 am

Aren't most of our dogs spoiled, lol. They are like kids. Raven was very rambunxious (not sure how to spell that, lol) as a little pup, she has calmed down alot naturally without obedience training, which she is going for soon so we can take the CGC. I would say take her to an obedience class, usually 1 day a week for a few weeks, I know there are some ppl here who have used the PetSmart classes, I beleive last i heard it's about $85+-, I figure there are petSmarts everywhewre which may be more convenient or check with your local Humane Society, they also have classes. Good luck :peace: Pit bulls are prob. the most hard headed animals I have ever owned, to say the least, lol. Wouldn't have it any other way though. :yay:
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby ripley6 » Wed May 18, 2005 9:29 am

Welcome!

And oops, yep, it is time for your little girl to learn some manners, for sure - the above suggestions are great. But you have to take responsibility and really be consistent. Don't worry - it'll be fun for both of you :))
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby drfrankenstein » Wed May 18, 2005 10:03 am

for some reason i stopped being so consistant, but for the last week or so i have noticed myself maturing so much more than i was.. maybe its because i am finally a father.. stuff like that seems to change u.. i think all will work out, and i look forward to all the advice u guys can and hopefully will give.. i was suppose to took mersaides to obedence class a year ago and never made it, i worked so much and i tried to get my girl which is who i originally got the dog for to do it, but she is jus too damn lazy.. thats y she gave the dog back after she begged for it
drfrankenstein

Postby Boo439 » Wed May 18, 2005 10:07 am

Welcome to the board!! I'll take a wild guess here. Are you a motorswap guy? There are quite a few car enthusiasts here, myself included. Tell us a little more about yourself. :)
Boo439

Postby mypitmika » Wed May 18, 2005 11:37 am

Welcome to the board! I know you'll find some really great advice on training and teaching that pup of yours some good manners - including house training! You can do it - it just takes consistency and dedication from both you and your pup. While you're waiting for full access to the forum, why not do some searching in the training section? You just might find some great posts about the very issues you're looking to resolve with your dog. Again, welcome! :hi

P.S. - can't wait to see pics!!
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Mallory » Thu May 19, 2005 1:36 am

Howdy from Texas! 8)
Mallory

Postby Contessa63 » Fri May 20, 2005 12:29 am

Hi from CA! :)
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby saturn2 » Fri May 20, 2005 5:38 pm

:welcome: to PBF!