Hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello

Postby bulldog lover » Wed May 18, 2005 12:00 pm

Hi there :)
I am from British Columbia, Canada. I have loved, owned, and campaigned Registered American Pit Bull Terriers for twelve years. My family has been involved with the A.P.B.T. for 27 years. I have been around many breeds of dogs, but my absolute favorite, is the A.P.B.T. :inlove:
I am currently the President of an ADBA club. Together with many AMAZING vollunteers, we host three conf/weight-pull shows each year.
I enjoy discussions about the breed, and can be quite passionate about the preservation of our breed. I hope whatever information or experience I have, may be of some use to you. Cheers!
bulldog lover

Postby Jo-RavensMommy » Wed May 18, 2005 12:07 pm

:peace: Welcome, glad to have ya!!!
Jo-RavensMommy

Postby Boo439 » Wed May 18, 2005 12:13 pm

:hi Welcome to the board!
Boo439

Postby pitbullgrl » Wed May 18, 2005 1:02 pm

:welcome: :doggie:
pitbullgrl
Addicted to PBF

Postby bulldog lover » Wed May 18, 2005 2:38 pm

Thank-you :)
bulldog lover

Postby Jp » Wed May 18, 2005 7:15 pm

:welcome: :hi
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby X-girl » Wed May 18, 2005 10:08 pm

Welcome to PBF!
X-girl
Regulator

Postby bulldog lover » Thu May 19, 2005 9:54 am

Her name is Kona. She is now in her 9th year :) She is one of those dogs that comes around once in a lifetime. She is the best dog we've ever owned. She's smart, silly, happy all the time, affectionate, well behaved. We showed her years ago, but she didn't do all that well. At sixty pounds, she was considered huge back then. I think she would have done well now, because most dogs are averaging around that weight. It's hard to show a white dog too. You've got to work them hard to get the results you need.
Kona has Cancer and inner ear trouble now. We are letting her live providing she eats, wags her tail, and is happy. That is the problem with A.P.B.T.'s. They have a very high pain tolerance. They look and act fine, then when they looked laboured, you take them into the vet. The vet can't believe they're still alive. I pray she's not in pain, and truly is as content as she seems to be despite her problems. :sad:
bulldog lover

Postby angel_1526 » Thu May 19, 2005 10:40 am

bulldog lover wrote:Her name is Kona. She is now in her 9th year :) She is one of those dogs that comes around once in a lifetime. She is the best dog we've ever owned. She's smart, silly, happy all the time, affectionate, well behaved. We showed her years ago, but she didn't do all that well. At sixty pounds, she was considered huge back then. I think she would have done well now, because most dogs are averaging around that weight. It's hard to show a white dog too. You've got to work them hard to get the results you need.
Kona has Cancer and inner ear trouble now. We are letting her live providing she eats, wags her tail, and is happy. That is the problem with A.P.B.T.'s. They have a very high pain tolerance. They look and act fine, then when they looked laboured, you take them into the vet. The vet can't believe they're still alive. I pray she's not in pain, and truly is as content as she seems to be despite her problems. :sad:

8( Awww....poor baby
angel_1526

Postby oko pol » Thu May 19, 2005 4:41 pm

WELCOME!
oko pol

Postby mypitmika » Thu May 19, 2005 7:23 pm

Welcome to the board! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Contessa63 » Fri May 20, 2005 12:20 am

Hi and welcome! :)
Contessa63