Problem with Flies

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Problem with Flies

Postby Guyver » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:54 pm

My dogs are plagued by flies in the backyard that keep biting their ears. I have purchased Flys-Off from a local feed store and used it on their ears. However, it doesn't seem to actively repel them like it should. I have also purchased a fly trap and a fly zapper with an attractant. I'm still having the problem. Any other solution that works?
Guyver

Postby concreterose » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:24 pm

I've been using the Fly's Off for a couple years now and it works pretty good. Are you putting on a thick enough layer? It also comes in a spray.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby Fish » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:41 pm

Don't no what fLY off is but I know what I used to do for my horses. I would buy this fly spray at the feed store and mix it into some petroleum based product like vasoliene and rub on the ears, worked pretty good.
Fish

Postby raebo » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:02 pm

A friend of mine gave me this stuff she got up near her cottage. I don't know if it is available anywhere else. It's called "Love Your Pet". According to the label it contains:
lemongrass
lavender
citronella
cedarwood
eucalyptus oil
peppermint oil

It seems to work fairly well for mosquitos and blackflies (but not as well as deet containing products for humans). It smells so good that I've even used it myself.
raebo
Bully Lover 4 Life

Return to Health Issues