hello from NC

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Postby zyklon » Fri May 27, 2005 10:02 am

Hey my Harley is white and pink-nosed (aside from the tiny black spots surrounding her nose). She's too young to breed right now but I was planning on hopefully finding a male similar to her in appearance with which to breed so if you'd be interested in having one in a few months, let me know. :)
zyklon

Postby who00knows » Fri May 27, 2005 10:24 am

zyklon wrote:Hey my Harley is white and pink-nosed (aside from the tiny black spots surrounding her nose). She's too young to breed right now but I was planning on hopefully finding a male similar to her in appearance with which to breed so if you'd be interested in having one in a few months, let me know. :)

I think she has heard me rant enough about buying from a breeder. I dare to say I dont think she is interested. Breeding on color sounds like a swell idea....I guess that is all that matters. :wallbang:
who00knows
Matured Bully

Location: Not at your local off leash dog park during peak hours

Postby zyklon » Fri May 27, 2005 10:35 am

Obviously more than color is taken into consideration. Regardless of the fact that I live in the mountains, I do have some idea about the importance of stock. Both of my dog's parents are UKC registered and I can assure you that I wouldn't breed her with anything but.

Please don't assume.

You don't know me.
zyklon

Postby ncsupunkin05 » Fri May 27, 2005 10:56 am

Harley is a cutie 8) I would love to have a puppy with her looks. I do plan to adopt instead of buy from a breeder because there are so many pits in shelters and adoption made me meet the best dog in the world. I would love to have a puppy so I could watch it grow up but I am not closed off to a great older dog either. Thanks for the heads up though. Be sure and posts pics when she has pups I would love to see them!!
ncsupunkin05

Postby who00knows » Fri May 27, 2005 11:06 am

zyklon wrote:Obviously more than color is taken into consideration. Regardless of the fact that I live in the mountains, I do have some idea about the importance of stock. Both of my dog's parents are UKC registered and I can assure you that I wouldn't breed her with anything but.

Please don't assume.

You don't know me.

sorry. I guess im the bunghole that jumped the gun. I probably wont be the only one. This board isnt to keen to breeders....
who00knows
Matured Bully

Postby zyklon » Fri May 27, 2005 11:15 am

I gathered that much.
The only reason I'd like to breed my pup is because of all the wonderful characteristics she has displayed since we've had her. She is even-tempered, intelligent and has been an absolute joy to own. I feel that she is an outstanding example of the breed and I'd like to share that with others.
zyklon

Postby zyklon » Fri May 27, 2005 11:18 am

Oh, and NC, I will be sure to do that! I'm currently talking with a stud service two towns over, trying to get everything worked out beforehand.
Hopefully by then I will have replaced my broken digital camera. These webcam images are awful.
zyklon

Postby nan » Sat May 28, 2005 12:49 am

Oy...I don't want to entirely derail this thread, but...Zyklon, you do realize that most all-white pit bulls have hearing and/or vision problems? And that if you breed your white pit bull to another white pit bull you will almost certainly have at least a few deaf and/or vision impaired pups? And the fact that your dog is UKC registered doesn't guarantee that she isn't carrying genes for hip dysplasia or heart defects? In fact, Daphne has a congenital heart defect, from what I remember, but you'd never know it to look at her.

BTW, I'm not assuming because you're from the mountains...I don't know you at all, so I'm just going on what you've posted.

And even more OT...Zyklon, one of your interests is eugenics? Really? In what way?
nan
Matured Bully

Postby zyklon » Sat May 28, 2005 10:06 am

I've encountered more than enough *white* dogs to know that the hearing and vision problems aren't as common as you may think. Its like what they say about cats and dogs with blue eyes; that they are usually deaf. Two of my three pets have blue eyes and they're perfectly fine.
The people I'm dealing with that I hope to use for stud are very careful about their choice of animals. I realize that irresponsible breeding has resulted in a plethora of problems for the APBT, but I can assure you that I'm not out to make pups for money or to perpetuate a line simply for how I *hope* it will look.
A lot of research, thought and consideration has gone into this.

Eugenics...My minor is cultural anthropology. I've always been fascinated by demographics and the scientific and social patterns of different cultures, races, etc. Its interesting also to see how varied different societies and peoples are based solely on how they are genetically constructed. Its definitely a passion of mine.
zyklon

Postby greenkozi » Sat May 28, 2005 10:17 am

again, OT.

please do some research and health testing before you decide to do a white/white breeding. just because you've met white dogs who aren't deaf doesn't mean they aren't out there. i'm sure i won't convince you if i tell you about all the white pit bulls i've met who ARE deaf. i've loved the deafies i've worked with, but i certainly wouldn't breed them intentionally!

here's the deafdogs link to causes of deafness: http://www.deafdogs.org/faq/#causes- pigment in the inner ear is linked to deafness.

this site has a link to pigmentation and deafness:
http://www.lsu.edu/deafness/deaf.htm

there is most certainly a link between whiteness and deafness. white/white is just playing with fire.

The only reason I'd like to breed my pup is because of all the wonderful characteristics she has displayed since we've had her. She is even-tempered, intelligent and has been an absolute joy to own. I feel that she is an outstanding example of the breed and I'd like to share that with others.

you can share her with others without breeding her through competing, being a breed advocate, etc. and i bet there are people on this board in your area who can point out some awesome dogs in shelters and rescues who have some of the same characteristics if you'd like to add another dog to your home.
greenkozi
Bully Ambassador

Postby GreddysAngel » Sat May 28, 2005 2:35 pm

:wallbang:

Please dont breed ur dog, there are tons of dogs in shelters with great temperments that are dying everyday.

Welcome!
GreddysAngel
Addicted to PBF

Postby Ariel Payopay » Sat May 28, 2005 3:59 pm

zyklon wrote:I've encountered more than enough *white* dogs to know that the hearing and vision problems aren't as common as you may think. Its like what they say about cats and dogs with blue eyes; that they are usually deaf. Two of my three pets have blue eyes and they're perfectly fine.
The people I'm dealing with that I hope to use for stud are very careful about their choice of animals. I realize that irresponsible breeding has resulted in a plethora of problems for the APBT, but I can assure you that I'm not out to make pups for money or to perpetuate a line simply for how I *hope* it will look.
A lot of research, thought and consideration has gone into this.

Eugenics...My minor is cultural anthropology. I've always been fascinated by demographics and the scientific and social patterns of different cultures, races, etc. Its interesting also to see how varied different societies and peoples are based solely on how they are genetically constructed. Its definitely a passion of mine.

I'd happily welcome you back when you're ready to listen.
Ariel Payopay
Site Admin

Postby who00knows » Tue May 31, 2005 12:37 pm

nan wrote:Oy...I don't want to entirely derail this thread, but...Zyklon, you do realize that most all-white pit bulls have hearing and/or vision problems? And that if you breed your white pit bull to another white pit bull you will almost certainly have at least a few deaf and/or vision impaired pups? And the fact that your dog is UKC registered doesn't guarantee that she isn't carrying genes for hip dysplasia or heart defects? In fact, Daphne has a congenital heart defect, from what I remember, but you'd never know it to look at her.

BTW, I'm not assuming because you're from the mountains...I don't know you at all, so I'm just going on what you've posted.

And even more OT...Zyklon, one of your interests is eugenics? Really? In what way?

there she is! Its been a while!
who00knows
Matured Bully

Postby Phi » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:01 pm

good luck finding a new pbt :thumbsup:
Phi

Previous

Return to Introductions