hello

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

hello

Postby tuktown » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Just a wee note to say thanks for letting me on. I've been a 'silent surfer' for some time now and with some encouragement from my two four leggers have finally gotten round to signing up.

Keep up the great posts.
tuktown
Newborn Bully

Postby Phi » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:06 pm

welcome to the forum :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby Kaytlin » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:05 pm

:welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby ripley6 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:50 pm

:welcome:

Ok, spill: their names, arrival story - puh-leeze! and goes without saying, PICS! :)
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby ShadowWolf » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:16 pm

Welcome former Lurker!
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby mypitmika » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:21 pm

ripley6 wrote::welcome:

Ok, spill: their names, arrival story - puh-leeze! and goes without saying, PICS! :)

DITTO!
Welcome! :hi
mypitmika
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby SFBullyGirl » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:28 pm

hola :hi
SFBullyGirl
Addicted to PBF

lets see

Postby tuktown » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:02 pm

if i can get the pics to work...
tuktown
Newborn Bully

hurrah

Postby tuktown » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:07 pm

working but they do seem a tad bit small. Suppose this means I'll be able to fit more into a smaller space.

[/img]
tuktown
Newborn Bully

trying to get more organized

Postby tuktown » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:56 pm

Sorry moderator, support st al will try to keep the numberof posts down to one complete post at a time BUT I didn't answer the personal intro bit:

Have 2 - one princess and one boy. 4 and 2 and a half(ish) years old going on 1 when the moment takes them. We try to do as many things while being responsible. Hoping to really make the commitment to progressing in competitions this year. We started the female in Agility and make some cracking headway until running up trees resulted in double acl surgery. Finally finished paying those off last year. Builder by trade so don't have a regular schedule. Started doggy life when brother could no longer take care of his pitty (and that was in the UK with the Dangerous Dog Act in force). Worked in the worst sort of kennel in LA with the worst sort of people. Importer of German Shepherds and trainer to the rich a famous. Drop and shock stop-over for family pets - 4 weeks/8 weeks etc and we will train your dog for you. Harsh. Came across a little boy pitty who had 'problems' with other dogs; my then employer had promised the owner it could be 'trained' out of him. Excuse the free use of quotation marks but trying to keep this civil. Dog didn't respond particularily well to the 'garaunteed' training methods. Recommended dog to be destroyed - obviously! "If we can't train it then there must be a problem" He was a good boy in the wrong place at the wrong time. Left there shortly after. Went and learned from other people/rescues. But it was very educational about both dogs sand various dog people. Won't mention the shepherds trying to bite me when I walked them (sch III). Won't go into the prong collars and chokers used on whippets and english bulldogs. Refuse to tell you how many puppies were just ruined by daily use of shock collars. Been involved with various dog/pit activities ever since. Met some really nice people along the way. Have pulled my young lad from schutzund training since he became incredibly suspiscious and super frustrated on the leash. We have been enjoying the leash for walks, ob and tracking only for 18 months now and he is finally getting back into all the games and motivation he used to have prior to massive frustration etc. Have started Ivans use of a motivational toy (flirt pole in this instance) to aid in positions and response. Diane mentioned in a post about bulldogs trained primarily in defense and how it can result on a pitty who doesn't give much visual indication of what he is cogitating. That was (and still have to consider it a possibility always) my boy for almost a year. Still cannot have him on a tie out around other people. Most horrible case of leash defense. Great for defense of object excercise though (ha ha -always have to look on the bright side). Moved to Tukwila last year. Still a dog geek. Still learning something new everytime we go out and still very impressed and enamoured with my two pit bull dogs.

Bet you didn't expect all that?
tuktown
Newborn Bully

Return to Introductions