Hello from a newbie

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hello from a newbie

Postby Sivart » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:06 pm

My wife and I adopted our Pit in April from the King County (WA) animal shelter. Brujha is about 5 years old, but we don't know for certain. We've heard estimates anywhere from 3 to 5.

She has a Brindle coat, with white feet, blaze and chest. Stands 22" at the shoulder, and weighs about 65#.

Pit Bull / AmStaff / APBT / etc. weren't even on our list of breeds we were looking for, but thanks to the officer at the King County shelter who has pits of his own, we were convinced to take a chance on the breed, and couldn't be happier that we did. Even though she came to the shelter as a stray, Brujha is possibly the best trained dog I've ever spent time with. She knows and responds to all obedience commands I've asked of her, and continues to surprise with new tricks and exploits.

Sivart
Sivart
Newborn Bully

Postby X-girl » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:17 pm

Welcome!
X-girl
Regulator

Old Picture of Brujha...

Postby Sivart » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:43 pm

This is one of the pictures we took on her first day at the house. We've since had the abcess on her rt shoulder removed, and it's completely healed over, as well as the little bit of rawness under the collar.

Hopefully will get some updated pictures up soon, now that all her little issues are healed, her coat shines, and her nails are trimmed. 8)

Sivart
Newborn Bully

disregard - MSN problems....

Postby Sivart » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:47 pm

Disregard previous post (and this one as well). Can't edit my own post, or would just do that. Unfortunately MSN doesn't seem to like me linking to a picture there, so will have to find somewhere else to host the pictures before I can have them show up here.

Sivart
Sivart
Newborn Bully

Postby Noriko525 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:50 pm

U can host pics here - http://www.photobucket.com :peace:

Welcome! I'm also in WA (Bellevue area)

Can't wait to see pics!
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Phi » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:23 pm

welcome to the forum buddy :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby Kaytlin » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:13 pm

:welcome:
Kaytlin

Postby Taz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:39 pm

Taz

Postby Sivart » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:28 am

Ahhh, it worked.

As I mentioned in the earlier post, the abcess is gone, her neck is healed (where it was a little raw from a training collar), she's put on another 5-10#, and her nails are trimmed and looking better.

Now to get the rest of the pics off the camera for a more updated look at her....
Sivart
Newborn Bully

Postby ripley6 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:26 am

Awww, she's a beauty! Thanks for adopting her!

I've had a number of dogs in my life, but my pit mix is just different from any of the others - he is SO eager to please, and SO easy to train. Amazing, isn't it?
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby trinity_ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:27 pm

I lived in tacoma briefly a few years back. I had my female, Zsara, and an adoped male, gunner. When visiting the shelter there I was infromed they will not adopt out pit bulls. I was appalled :sad:
trinity_

Return to Introductions