Hi everyone!

************YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST ANYWHERE ELSE UNTIL YOU PROPERLY INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE.*********

Hi everyone!

Postby atteberry » Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:49 pm

Greetings from Nebraska! I first learned about this site in a recent uproar on another board that has nothing to do with pit bulls. I decided to lurk for a bit and read up on the topics and decided to stay. LOL My name is Mandy and I've been married for 6 years to my husband, Rich. We have 3 kids...5 yrs, 2 yrs, and 1 yr. He also has two boys, 11 and 8, from a previous marriage.

We got our first pit bull from a guy my husband worked with. She was about 5 I think at that time. We also had 2 other dogs, so we thought it would be a great addition since she was in need of a home. It lasted about 3 weeks. She started a fight with our female Newfoundland and then came after me, even though I had just came outside and was across the deck from her. After she latched on to my ankle, I decided she had to go. Luckily, she found a home with no young children and no other animals. A month later we got an American Staffordshire Terrier. We named him Bowzer.

I can clearly tell they were not the same breed of pits based on the difference in size and weight. We purchased Bowzer from Lion Heart Kennels in Montana. Apparently the parents do weight pulling. I just remember thinking they had huge chests!

He's now 4 years old and doing great. Loves to run and dotes on the kids. He always has kisses for them.

I'll try to get some updated pics of him taken soon. I never seem to take pics of him for some reason, not sure why though.

Anyways, I hope you'll let me stay even though I'm from the "other" board! :))
atteberry

Postby Phi » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:22 am

welcome to the forum :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Phi

Postby Jp » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:23 am

:hi can't wait to see pics of him!!!
Jp
Bully Ambassador

Postby dawnapbt » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:43 am

Welcome atteberry, just to confuse you, the American Staffordshire Terrier is the same breed as the American Pit Bull Terrier (depending on who you ask). You can have an AKC American Staffordshire Terrier registered as a UKC and/or ADBA American Pit Bull Terrier. In fact, the same dog can champion in both the AKC as an Amstaff and the UKC as an APBT. My Savvy's sire is both a UKC Grand Champion American Pit Bull Terrier and an AKC Champion American Staffordshire Terrier.

Can't wait to see the pics!
dawnapbt
Addicted to PBF

Postby ShadowWolf » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:48 am

Regardless of title or breed they are wonderful bully dogs! Thanks for joining our forum! Pictures, please? We love to 'Ooo and Ahh' over adorable pictures -- even of kids and other beasties! lol
ShadowWolf
Forum Junky

Postby atteberry » Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:25 am

Oh Dawn you just had to confuse a girl more eh? :))

Bowzer is AKC but we never sent in the paperwork for him. I still have his papers but I didn't see the need to register him since we got him fixed.
atteberry

Postby Susie's Pit Crew » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:40 pm

:welcome:
Susie's Pit Crew

Postby ripley6 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:16 pm

:hi Welcome!

Bowzer - classic name! lol

*frowns* - an uproar on another board? Why my gracious goodness sakes alive! How shocking!! :tongue:
ripley6
Forum Junky

Postby Noriko525 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:20 pm

Welcome!

Sorry about your first bad experience with the female! I think its neat that you were willing to give the breed another chance, unlike so many people.

Can't wait to see some pics!!
Noriko525
Bully Ambassador

Postby Tinka44 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:43 pm

:welcome:
Tinka44
Adolescent Bully

Postby Contessa63 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:42 pm

:) :)
Contessa63
Bully Ambassador

Postby Contessa63 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:42 pm