dryer sheets

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

dryer sheets

Postby addy's daddy » Sat Jun 19, 2004 6:47 am

ok... my wife brougth this one home.

A few nights ago we noticed little bites on Addy's belly. Mosquitos...

She said that if you rub a dryer sheet on the pup the mosquitos will leave her alone. So being the good daddy i am, I rubbed my legs down with the Bounce dryer sheet and stood in my yard, no bites...

I tried it on the pup and...

IT IS WORKING!! amazing and she smells like a mountain breeze ;)

just keeping an eye on that baby skin now.

anyone else hear this?
addy's daddy

Postby moto1320 » Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:57 am

Wow, that's a new one on me. I would break out if I did that. Daisy has the bald belly, so maybe that would keep her from being lunch.

P.S. Your Avatar is the cutest picture in the world. :))
moto1320
Regulator

Postby chewalotopus » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:54 am

good tip!! :))
chewalotopus

cute/

Postby bluesky1966 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 10:36 pm

"P.S. Your Avatar is the cutest picture in the world. "

what about my avatar?

as far as the dryer sheets go, is it only one brand or is it all brands of dryer sheets?is one better than the others/ and does the unscented work? [idont think so].

julia
Last edited by bluesky1966 on Sun Jul 04, 2004 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluesky1966

Postby Leslie H » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:33 am

I would be cautious. Unlike you (I assume) your pup is likely to lick herself, and ingest some of whatever makes those dryer sheets effective. I've used Avon's Skin So Soft on my dogs, I don;t use the harsher repellents.
Leslie H
Regulator

Postby Hooligan » Mon Jul 05, 2004 4:03 pm

Quote:
"P.S. Your Avatar is the cutest picture in the world. "

what about my avatar?

Your doggie has "{bedroom eyes}" that or "just you wait, I'll get you one of these days...." Very beautiful though.

And yeah, I had heard of that before, in fact when Hooligan was a puppy I stuck them all around her outdoor kennel (in places she couldn't reach) and they helped cut down on the 'skeeters.
Hooligan

Postby CoalSky » Mon Jul 05, 2004 6:27 pm

I heard that dryer sheets are REALLY bad if a doggy eats them. Coal of course likes to do what he's not supose to, so I've had to get into the habbit of picking up every dryer sheet I ever see that's fallen out of the dryer when someone took their clothes out.
I noticed that Coal's got bites on his stummy too, we have horse bug dope which we've used on the dogs before but I can't find it right now :po:

So if I used the dryer sheets on Coal's belly it wouldn't harm him right? Like if he licked it, since it's not the whole sheet??? Does anyone know more about the whole deadly dryer sheets thing? Cuz I don't even know what it is that makes them bad, t hat's just all I heard, and would rather not take my chances :thumbsup:
CoalSky

Postby daija » Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:37 am

we went to sc for the fourth and the bugs are bad.. my b/f gramma told us to rub dryer sheets on us.. but we didnt listen.. so now we are all cover in bites.. including the pup..we should have listened.. i didnt think it would work.. i thought they liked smelling good stuff
daija

Postby jmann4 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:46 am

In reponse to "i heard dryer sheets are bad if your dog eats them."

Yes, they can kill your dog.
jmann4

Return to Health Issues