Carrots...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Carrots...

Postby shella677 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:17 am

Does anybody elses pooches love carrots? Ace goes crazy for them. As soon as I get the bag out of the fridge he is right there waiting. I love carrots too, so thats how I found out he loved them. He will sit on the couch with me and have his mouth as close to mine as possible and will watch me eat them one by one and sometimes he tries to get it before I put it in my mouth, or if i have half of the baby carrot sticking out of my mouth he will grap a hold and try to pull it out of my mouth, good way to get accidently nipped in the lip, huh? He gets heis fair share of them too. Lexus hates them but she loves apples. It seems shes more of a fruity kind a girl and Ace is more of a veggie lover. What kinds of weird things do you dogs love
shella677

Postby blover27 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:26 am

oh i'm glad u asked this shella677...i know everyone always says to watch out for corn products in the kibble but last night we had corn on the cob and i gave jack some in his bowl when i was done...is it ok to give cooked unflavored corn to pups? he really liked it allot
blover27

Postby moto1320 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 am

No, corn is corn. I wouldn't some dogs can tolerate it but it's not good for them at best.

Riley got ahold of a whole bag of baby carrots once. He always made a big mess crunching them. I came in the living room and it looked like 400 carrots had exploded. lol
moto1320
Regulator

Postby jamobi » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:39 am

My dogs will literally eat everything you put in front of them. Raw, cooked, brewed, home grown, whatever. They're walking food disposals.
jamobi

Postby Alpha_Male » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:48 am

I'm not sure if Al eats veggies or not, My mom's dachshund, however, gets a baby carrot and a piece of cheese just about every day.. he LOVES baby carrots. Only odd thing Al seems to like eating is latex... finally broke him of that habit though.. ha
Alpha_Male

Postby JaquelineC » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:49 am

If I throw a carrot on the ground none of my dogs would normally notice or care...

But if I sit the dogs in a row, ask if they want a cookie, and then toss the carrots on the ground, it's a mad scramble to get 'the cookie' (whatever the cookie may be).

I've taught my dogs to 'like' a few things that they normally wouldn't just by making the item seem desirable to them.

Silly Pooches...
lol
JaquelineC

Postby pitbulliest » Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:51 am

My dog eats all veggies except onions (well its ok every ONCE in a blue moon). I just mixed some chopped up beats, carrots and green beans into her food yesterday.. yum :P
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby blover27 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:39 pm

No, corn is corn. I wouldn't some dogs can tolerate it but it's not good for them at best.

i thought the reason why it wasn't good in kibble was because it was used as a filler? if i gave him fresh corn like any other vegetable why would it be bad? its not like onions or chocolate...is it?? not trying to sound snippy :oops: i just would like to know so i don't give him anything bad...if it really isn't good i would never do it again he just seemed to really like it

(i rarely eat the stuff anyway)

thanks

Brad
blover27

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:14 pm

Alpha_Male wrote: Only odd thing Al seems to like eating is latex... ha
Lubricated or non roflmao
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby tuesdaysmom » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:26 pm

ewww but that is funny. :))
tuesdaysmom

Postby whiskeyman » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:32 pm

Nasek718 wrote:
Alpha_Male wrote: Only odd thing Al seems to like eating is latex... ha
Lubricated or non roflmao

I just got a mental image of your doggie doing his business and it coming out in its own little self contained bag.... :thumbsup:

later
jeremy
whiskeyman

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:51 pm

Whole corn is not good for a dog, but it won't harm them, they will just poop it out. Ground corn(in kibble) is NOT bad for dogs at all and they can digest it, it's just that some dogs are alergic to corn.
AllAmericanPUP

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:52 pm

oh yea, and carrots are good for dogs, good for their eyes :)
AllAmericanPUP

Postby concreterose » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:55 pm

My dogs love carrots too :)
concreterose
Regulator

Postby blover27 » Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:11 pm

Whole corn is not good for a dog, but it won't harm them, they will just poop it out. Ground corn(in kibble) is NOT bad for dogs at all and they can digest it, it's just that some dogs are alergic to corn

holy crap!! i was just gonna reply saying i finally understand why corn is not recommended...my DoG!!! that had to be the foulest dump i have every smelt in my entire life :yucky: i almost threw up in my mouth cleaning it up from my yard...had i let it stay there one minute longer my whole neighborhood would be trying to lynch me...

i guess some things u just gotta learn the hard way lol
blover27

Next

Return to Health Issues