Opinion on Food

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Opinion on Food

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:17 pm

Hi guys I was just wondering....what do you all think is the most nutricious dog food out there? I currently feed Nutro....I just want something natural as possible, and healthy. What do you all think?
PitBullPride

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:19 pm

First off stop feeding Nutro. Secondly check the healt issues page to see thousands of reasons and answers to your first and second question.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:22 pm

OMG is Nutro bad?????? Ok i will read those pages.....I havent quite explored the site yet.....I thought I was doing a good thing not using Iams or Eukanuba.... :yucky:
PitBullPride

Postby damienApbt » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:23 pm

damienApbt
Regulator

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:28 pm

Wow I just read that board. So glad I did. Thanks.
PitBullPride

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:30 pm

Anytime
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby pitbulliest » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:56 pm

Also..dont get into IAMS..they put alot of junk into their food and they do alot of testing on innocent dogs...and NO...its not just what PETA says its actually true..there is alot of proof :naughty:

In my opinion, Wellness is a pretty good brand..its by oldmotherhubbard..
you might want to check it out..
http://www.oldmotherhubbard.com/
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:57 pm

thanks pitbulliest. You know, ive heard that Iams tests on dogs....how can they do that? thats disgusting. I dont understand what kind of tests?
PitBullPride

Postby pitbulliest » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:01 pm

They do nutritional exams...I like to call it pointless torture. Alot of companies will do at home exams by offering owners their food and seeing whether the dog likes it or not..yadda yadda yadda..this is a much friendlier method than shoving plastic tubes down dogs throats and ingesting vegetable oil until the dog dies from convulsions and heart attacks. I actually got a letter from IAMS saying that they're stopping these testing facilities and adopting the dogs out to responsible and caring owners..however IAMS has lied before when they told the whole world that they weren't testing on dogs in these facilities in the first place. And now they're saying "Oh yeah we're going to stop it now"...uhm..yeah...go :yucky: IAMS...

lol ok that was my little rant there :)
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby PitBullPride » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:07 pm

:po: man thats really messed up.....i wil NEVERRRRRRR buy an Iams or Eukanuba product EVERRRR again.
PitBullPride

Postby Apbt30 » Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:10 pm

I use Wellness and find it great! its abit more expensive but worth it IMO

V
Apbt30

Postby Chris » Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:17 pm

I swear by wellness. If you must feed prepared food it is, IMO the best. My wife even wrote them a letter because of how well Stockey does on it.
Chris

Postby barbponys » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:24 pm

Keep in mind also that Iams and Euk are owned by Proctor and Gamble. They have done animal testing with their products for decades, now that they own the food?? They aren't going to stop. Same with Science Diet, they are owned by Colgate-Palmolive............ I don't know about y'all, but I have no interest in anything folks that work for a friggin soap company have to say about pet food. I guess they know alot since 52% of their annual gross comes from SD, and they really care about our pets.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby elegy » Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:52 pm

you know, not all animal testing is terrible and worthless. there are a lot of prescription diets out there who have prolonged and improved the lives of dogs and cats with illnesses like heart, kidney, liver diseases, bladder stones and crystals, etc. there have been a lot of improvements in dog foods over the past couple decades and our dogs are generally living a lot longer and are healthier.

i think there is stuff going on that shouldn't be, obviously, and i would never buy an iams product, but i don't think animal testing should be completely dismissed because it's animal testing.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby pitbulliest » Sun Jul 11, 2004 12:10 am

I think its wrong when the animal is put through pain and suffering and I don't find any excuses that convince me that its ok to put animals through torture just for the hell of science, especially when in 90% of the cases...sometimes even more, there are definite alternatives that are just as if not even more successful in obtaining positive and important results...

Anyways. What was I going to say. OH YES...Wysong is also quite a good dog food brand and is known as a good holistic choice for owners that want more than just the average "sand and wheat dog filler" kibble. The holistic brands tend to be more expensive but in the long run you are doing yourself and your dog quite a favor.
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Next

Return to Health Issues