new pup

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

new pup

Postby floydamus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:51 pm

aight i got my first pitt hes will be 6 weeks friday. how many times a day should he be eatin
floydamus

Postby concreterose » Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:55 pm

How much does he weigh? 3 or 4 small meals per day is usually recommended.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby floydamus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:19 pm

he goes to the vet sometime this week ill get weight and stuff then. was just wonderin cause when ig to him home from my girls hosue last ngiht and he ate liek a mad dog lol but this morn he hasn't ate yet was kinda worrin me he been sleepin lot i think it might be hes just wore out from all the play and excitment of changin homes
floydamus

Postby Alexandra&Diego » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:53 pm

I got Shaina with 7 weeks and she eats 3 times a day....she's now 10 weeks en still doing fine with here 3 meals :))
Alexandra&Diego

Postby floydamus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:44 pm

well hes been asleep most of the day drinks a little water hear and there but i havent him eat he seems healthy so far he just hasn't ate today he ate last night before bedtime and was eating 3 meals aday before i bought him. im just tryign if he has not ate before tomorrow he will go ahead and make a trip to the vet. im just tryign to figure out if this is soem what normal which it seems that all my other pups i have had kinda did thsi wouldn't really eat eat for a few days
floydamus

Postby damienApbt » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:46 pm

:huh?:
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby pitbully69 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:02 pm

oh wow :dunno:
pitbully69

Postby damienApbt » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:06 pm

pitbully69 wrote:oh wow :dunno:

i pretty much followed up untill that last post.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby floydamus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:14 pm

my last post if thast what threw ya let me knwo ill retype it
floydamus

Postby X-girl » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:19 pm

It seems like this is the 1st full day your pup is with you and he doesn't seem to be interested in eating. Yes?

My pup is just about 5 months old and up until very recently she would occasionally choose to skip a meal. We would put down the serving and she just wouldn't feel like it. Her demeanor was completely playful and normal so we didn't worry about it.
Just watch him closely and don't let him go without eating for too long before taking him into the vet. Has he been pooping and peeing?
X-girl
Regulator

Postby damienApbt » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:43 pm

when my boy was a pup he'd skip a meal once in awhile too. i didnt leave the food sitting there though. if he didnt eat at feeding time then he'd have to wait for next time.

now at 2 1/2 he eats his food right when i put it out. if he chooses not to than i put it away still, but that rarely happens. if i really want him to eat ill mix some good stuff in with it.

its a good tip to just keep an eye on your pup. if it starts moping around and isnt itself then you should make a visit to the vet
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby floydamus » Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:08 pm

aight well my woman took him to va with her tonight trying tryign to keep him socialized and mess with her and other folks never start to early with that i don't think. but i think what ti was he just didn't want the harder food today i took him over to her house and he started eating her paretns dogs food so i told her next tiem she goes to feed him put soem warm water int he bowl with the food and hell probably eat so hes fine was just gettin em concerned since he ate liek a mad dog the ngiht before with otu havein to add water
floydamus

Return to Health Issues