URGENT!!

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

URGENT!!

Postby fourmedallions » Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:43 pm

This cute, sweet APBT almost ended up underneath the tread on my tires Friday morning. He is a handsome, and very friendly boy who needs a foster, rescue, or new home ASAP.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df37b3127cce86f33fe3a37b0000001610

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4df37b3127cce86f33289e38f0000001610

The pictures aren't that great because he didn't want to look at the camera, but he is a very adoptable young dog - probably about 10 mos old. Very friendly, and gets along great with the ladies, he is not getting along with the male. This looks like sexual aggression (the other male and two females ARE altered) but he doesn't seem to know that. This means that the boys have had to rotate in and out of their crates, and this is far from ideal :(

If you can take this boy, please let me know. His status is URGENT
fourmedallions

Postby fourmedallions » Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:00 pm

I forgot. He WILL be neutered before he is placed.
fourmedallions

Postby fourmedallions » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:19 am

This boy is so wonderful and sweet. He really needs to find his mom or dad :sad:
fourmedallions

Postby Pitgrrrl » Wed Jan 28, 2004 5:34 pm

Where in NM are you located? Have you put up flyers at local vet's offices?
Pitgrrrl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby fourmedallions » Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:15 am

The vet's is about the only place I haven't posted yet. I'm going down there tomorrow, so I'll ask if I can put someting up. But around here, I would say a good 90% of the dogs are kept outside (I'm in Espanola anbot 30 miles North of SF) and that's really not acceptable.

I am mostly going via word of mouth with people that I know and trust, hoping that someone might really take a liking to him. But his breed keeps coming up as the primary obstacle. People who haven't had pits tend to be very balky about getting one, especially if they have kids. Unfortunately, people have been given a very one-sided look at this breed, and it's really hard to overcome that prejudice.

If this dog looked like a border collie, he would probably have had at least one offer by now - and it's not unlikely that he would have even been adopted by now.

What bothers me the most is that he and my other most recent rescue have decided that they are rivals, and don't get along. This probably has to do with the fact that they are both fairly new because both Duncan and Kai adore the rest of the pack (one of whom is also male). But because of this, Duncan and Kai have to be rotated in and out of their crates, and I really don't like this.

I am trying to work them towards a more peaceful co-existence, but they aren't there yet, and I'm not sure they ever will be. So, the sooner I can find him a good home, the better for him.
fourmedallions

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs