Bully's and grass

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Bully's and grass

Postby SDD123 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:53 am

Is there anything I can give my girls to make there pee stop burning my grass, I have only lived in my new place for about a month not and already I now have no green grass in my back yard, it is all a nice yellow color now. Any help would be great.
SDD123

Postby blover27 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:57 am

oh i am anxiously waiting for replies to this thread...i just gave up myself and concentrate on my front yard...my buddy who has a lab used these drops or tablets in his food which was supposed to help with that but he said it didn't work :sad:
blover27

Postby JB » Fri Jul 16, 2004 8:58 am

My advice is to get the dogs into the park ASAP in the morning. Don't just stumble to the back door and let her out. The first time my dog goes in the morning is like freaking niagara falls... so I try to get her off my grass for that.

The only other suggestion I have is to train your dogs to use one little spot. You just have to sacrifice that one little patch to you dogs and live with it. This is pretty easy if you taught your dog a "go pee" word.
JB

Postby JB » Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:03 am

blover27 wrote:my buddy who has a lab used these drops or tablets in his food which was supposed to help with that but he said it didn't work :sad:

Ya, my understanding is that it's the nitrogen in their pee that burns the grass. The abundant nitrogen is a direct result of their diet (high protein). Thus, it is impossible to "give them something" to stop the burning.
JB

Postby Boo439 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:01 am

I used to go behind Toda and water down the spots where he'd pee, but that didn't work too well, either. I gave up. So my grass is ugly... until I get a letter from the Association, I don't care :)
Boo439

Postby TheMissingSock » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:52 pm

there is a spray you can get to repair the burn marks. Drs Foster and Smith maybe?

or, just go to your local Home Depot and ask a garden associate for help. those people know lots of stuff and usually have pet-friendly recommendations.
TheMissingSock

Postby blover27 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:56 pm

TheMissingSock (cool screen name btw) thanks! i thought it was a lost cause

NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER lol
blover27

Postby concreterose » Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:55 pm

The also sell a spray at the pet store that is non-toxic and makes the burnt spots green again :))
concreterose
Regulator

Return to Health Issues