Transport from Detroit, MI to Sydney, Nova Scotia

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Transport from Detroit, MI to Sydney, Nova Scotia

Postby Kara » Sat Jul 17, 2004 1:42 pm

We're trying to get a transport set up for Cedes.. she has to go from Detroit, to Nova Scotia. We allready have 1/3 of the transport set-up.. can anyone help with any other parts???

Here is cedes...

We've got some covered allready...

Detroit- Dorchester, Ont- covered
Dorchester, Ont- Oshawa, ont- covered
Oshawa- Ottawa ( probably two people for this one)- we need someone!!
Ottawa- Brossard- covered
** then we have noone to get her from Brossard, PQ to Moncton, NB. ( 4-5 differnt people needed probably... aprox. 600 miles)
Moncton, NB- Sydney, NS- covered

If there is anyone that could help it would be greatly appreciated. Please post here if you are able to help this girl!!

**also: it might be faster to take her threw the US all the way to Nova Scotia, but we had more volunteers this way so far. If you are somewhere along that route ( sorry, I don't know the US so i have no idea what cities are along that area) please post also, as that is an alternitive also...

Thanks,
Kara
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Sat Jul 17, 2004 2:44 pm

Its always faster to travel across Canada Form Detroit then thru the US. Shorter for that matter as well.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Kara » Sat Jul 17, 2004 3:59 pm

Nasek718 wrote:Its always faster to travel across Canada Form Detroit then thru the US. Shorter for that matter as well.

Is it? It looked faster to go down threw the US because you have to go quite a bit north, out of the way in Quebec so that you don't cross over into Maine ( I think it was maine)
Anyways, I was just looking at a mapquest map which was hard to judge on, so I'm sure you're right. The mapquest map had the route cross over in Detroit, then over again in Buffalo, and back over into Nova Scotia ??? Seemed like a lot of crossing over.. plus we've got some people in Ontario that can help... which is a plus...

this is the map that mapquest spit out at me??? Didn't seemright crossing over so many times??? I don't know though. Any help is appreciated.. :))

** I don't know why I can't post pictures... :po: I guess Im retarded... it doesn't want to work for me...
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby X-girl » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:19 pm

I just want to strongly advise against using Mapquest - they are the worst! Use http://www.randmcnally.com - it is way more accurate.
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Stormywinter » Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:34 pm

I'd have to agree with the whole Mapquest is horrible. If you get directions to my house it tell you to take roads that do not exist!
Stormywinter
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby Kara » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:44 pm

Thanks for the tip guys...I was only using mapquest for a visual guide... I am very familiar with most of the area being traveled. I've been to detroit several times, plus the person whose bringing the dog to me in Dorchester lives in Detroit. It's one highway practically all the way through Ontario, and I've lived from here ( Dorchester ) to Brossard in Quebec ( and many places in between ) so I know the area pretty well.

Beyong the middle of Quebec, Im pretty much lost though, so I will use the site someone provided... thanks !! :))
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Chocolate Thunda » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:51 pm

The fastest way to Buffalo NY from Detroit is thru Canada and if heading to Nova Scotia you continue thru the US and out of Maine.At least thats the way I went when I had to deliver there. Watch out for US customs though. They have the tendacy to be real pricks.
Chocolate Thunda
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Kara » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:33 am

X-girl wrote:I just want to strongly advise against using Mapquest - they are the worst! Use http://www.randmcnally.com - it is way more accurate.

I didn't see where this site provided maps for Canada. Am i just blind or is it just for the US? If so, does anyone know if Yahoo maps is ok to use? As I said, I know the area from Detroit to Brossard very well as I used to live there, but beyond Brossard, im going to need help...
thanks
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby X-girl » Sun Jul 18, 2004 1:19 pm

So sorry! It never occured to me that RandMcNally.com was US only. I thought it was all of N America. :oops:

Here's a site I found that should help you:
http://www.directions.ca/sections/utilities/

Yahoo maps are powered by Mapquest. :po: Don't even bother - they suck! lol
X-girl
Regulator

Postby Kara » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:49 pm

Thanks alot.. I appreciate it!

Kara
Kara
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs