slightly suspicious wound (pics)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

slightly suspicious wound (pics)

Postby kendall » Thu Jul 15, 2004 8:42 pm

Normally I barely give a second thought to a scrape (on myself or my dogs), but this one is a little weird.
About 3 days ago I noticed a thin line on Caesar's leg about 4 inches long that didn't have hair. I didn't think much of it, I figured it was someplace the rope from the run had rubbed against him and taken some of the hair off. It was just a hairless area, there was no open cut or anything.
I was brushing him today and now that area is an small open wound. It's not big or anything, and it's not gross looking. It's actually pretty clean, and the area itself looks healthy enough. It just stuck me as odd that when just a few days ago it was just a hairless patch, it's now progressed to an open wound.
Any thoughts? Am I overreacting or could this be some sort of viral/fungal thing? I've noticed him licking it... is it possible or probable that he licked/worked at that hairless patch so much that he opened it up himself?
Should I treat it/cover it or just let it heal naturally?

Sorry this last one isn't very clear, my digital camera is rather crappy.

Thanks guys.

-Grace
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Xypher » Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:46 am

Wish someone had a responce to this, 3 days ago also, i noticed my german shepherd has something like this but now bigger (use to be smaller) :sad: . He keeps on licking it. Tell me if you figure something out that works.
Xypher

Postby floydamus » Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:52 pm

go to the vet dude
floydamus

Return to Health Issues