doesn't want to walk

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

doesn't want to walk

Postby mydogroxy » Sun Jul 18, 2004 5:30 pm

recently roxy started boycotting the walk. when we go out, i have to kind of push her along to get her to walk. once i get her walking, if we come to a corner where she knows we can turn and get back home, she'll pull towards it with all of her weight. my mom suggested it could be the heat, but she's fine playing in the yard. i don't get it.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Postby concreterose » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Pookie sometimes does that too in her older age. It may be too hot. Do you think Roxy is in any kind of pain?I would check her out thoroughly, maybe take her to the vet just to be safe. Her hips or joints could be bothering her, or maybe she hurt something playing. Until then, I wouldn't walk her if she doesn't want to, she may be trying to tell you something.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby gooeydog » Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:12 pm

How hot is the pavement? If you don't feel comfy walking on it in bare feet, she probably won't feel much better. That could explain her being fine in the yard, but not wanting to walk. Or is there anything you do when you get her home that she may be anticipating and trying to move you towards a bit faster?
gooeydog
Regulator

Postby mydogroxy » Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:38 am

Do you think Roxy is in any kind of pain?

i highly doubt this. she's completely active in the house and in the yard. she's less than two and shows no signs of hd or any other kind of joint/orthopedic problems. it's just on walks that she puts the breaks on.

How hot is the pavement? If you don't feel comfy walking on it in bare feet, she probably won't feel much better. That could explain her being fine in the yard, but not wanting to walk.

i didn't even think of that!

Or is there anything you do when you get her home that she may be anticipating and trying to move you towards a bit faster?

maybe playing tug or something? she'll absolutely sell her soul to play games rather than walk.
mydogroxy
Bully Ambassador

Return to Health Issues