Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby Phi » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:49 pm

bill's wonderland of pets - somerdale, nj

sells alot of high quality dog food also

just a heads up for those in south jersey
Phi

Postby killeenpits » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:39 pm

Harker Heights/Killeen, Tx

Aztec Hospital/Groomers/Pet Store

Awesome vet; cares about all of his patients. The Store is great and has Wellness among other brands. Also has leashes/collars, dog treats, dog toys, etc.
killeenpits
Adolescent Bully

Postby ctmidwife » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:59 pm

Good Dog Goods on Martha's Vineyard. It's kind of a doggie boutique rather than a supply store. However, there are some really neat books, artwork, etc that honor man's best friend! It would be a great place to get a gift for a dog lover!

http://www.gooddoggoods.com (but the website is really limited still)
ctmidwife

Postby pitgrrl » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:38 pm

Here is one for the Canadians (especially ones from Ontario looking to re-locate to a more pit-friendly province)

Animalerie Little Bear - corner of Greene and Sherbrook west in Montreal.
This is truely an awsome store, they have everything from premium kibbles, BARF patties, supplements, toys, treats.....and they are always getting new stuff. They are really great about giving you good prices on large quantities of food and will deliver for free if you can't make it there.
The owner also has the sweetest, and hugest, black pit cross in the store with him.
pitgrrl
Regulator

Postby Kano » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:56 pm

Are there any good stores in Long Beach, Ca.?
Kano
Newborn Bully

Postby booties » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:25 pm

Are there any good stores in California at all? I always order on line because I can only find Petcos and Petsmarts .
booties

Postby Q-VO » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:14 pm

Kano, i found this store when shopping for canidae food shouldnt be too far from Long Beach

KRITTER KORRAL PET SHOP
1724 PALOS VERDES DR N
HARBOR CITY
CA 90710
Phone:
310 514-4924
Q-VO

Postby Kano » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:15 pm

Gracias Q-Vo. :thumbsup:
Kano
Newborn Bully

Postby Rommel » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:48 am

Petco and Petsmarts is where I go. Petco is too expensive and all the other local petshops here dont sell much premium food.
Rommel
Adolescent Bully

Postby APBT_lover » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:31 pm

Haven't seen many people from SC on the boards, but in Columbia there is a store called the Wet Nose Oasis, they sell all the top lines of dog food including Wellness/Canidae, Timberwolf, Diamond, Merrick, etc. She has some really cool toys and the staff seems very knowledable as well.

Another place in the Upstate is 1st Choice Treats. It's not actually a store (not yet at least) but the owner sells Timberwolf and she actually delivers to you for no extra charge. She even brought it to me at work the first time I ordered from her!
APBT_lover

Postby BMAJEWSKI » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:40 pm

There is another great store in Chicago.. Its actually Norridge, IL.

Coral Reef Pet shop on Lawrence and ozark. They sell all premium Dog food and Treats. Solid gold, Merrick, and they will order Timberwolf. They will order anything you want. They have a lot of different canned food also. :thumbsup:
BMAJEWSKI

Postby frenzy2223 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:28 am

I had a favorite, but now I don't go there! It was the Pet Loft in Mt.Airy, MD! I called them to make sure that they had a 40 lb bag of Canidae and they said that they did. I drove the hour that it takes to get there and they did not have any bags of Canidae!!! After arguing with the less than competent cashier, I spoke to a manager and all they could do was apologize! No discount on the next bag or nothing! :po:
frenzy2223

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:16 pm

I am rather Picky about the Pet Stores I shop at. So I have listed My Top 5 Pets Stores in My Area (West Seattle/Burien) I can get to any of them in about 10-15 minutes at the most! All are Dog **Pit Bull Friendly** So it is OK to take your Dogs with you!
Seattle:

West Seattle:
Next To Nature
4546 California Ave SW
*Very Friendly and Knowledgeable Staff

Burien:
Horizon Pet Supply
457 SW 148th
*Knowledgeable

Des Moines:
Midway Tropical Fish & Pet
24101 Pacific Highway S
*I Know the Owner so I am a bit partial, But I have shopped there for years and years! A Bit Cramped But they have added room! All though there might not be enough room for your Pet!

Burien:
Mud Bay
216 SW 153rd
*They Do have a few other Locations through out the City! Although the Burien one does not sell Timberwolf or Natures Variety They are Very Helpful!

Burien:
A Place For Pets
431 SW 152nd
*They However Do Sell Puppies :roll: ... But they are friendly. They Do Not sell Timberwolf.

Postby PumpkinPie » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:41 am

Pet Cabaret Roslindale, MA.

It's a cute little store with the best all natural foods and products. The staff is also incredibly sweet!
PumpkinPie
Adolescent Bully

Postby Rommel » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:27 pm

KaHoots in Escondido, CA

fair price and they carry top quality dog food. Canidae,Wellness,Solid Gold, Merrick, Innova, etc. Sadly they don't carry Timberwolf. Bunch of kongs, other toys and pretty much anything else u need.
Rommel
Adolescent Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues