Having a male fixed

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Having a male fixed

Postby Fish » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:30 am

I have had pets in the past but never had either of them fixed (sorry) anyway I thought that a vet would put them to sleep and snip snip snip and problem solved. Then I read in someone elses post that they give them a shot in the groin area and problem solved, is this the standard way a vet does this now.
Fish

Postby pitpok » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:22 am

Hi,
Roy is my APBT and at the age of 5 month i got the shot nuetursol. It is a "new" way of neutering but the down side is that it does not work for a couple of months. Roy has had it done almost 2 months and he has not fully neuterd. He Tesiticles are srinking but other signs of being neuter has not been shown.
A positive thing w/ the neutersol is that there is no stiches or open wounds. Very easy one the dog.
It is up to u and your vet if that is the way to go.
Good Luck
pitpok

Postby AllAmericanPUP » Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:59 am

the neutrosol doesn't take away all of the behavourial problems you have with an un neutered male, it simply just makes him unable to make babies.
i'd much rather have the surgery...jmo
AllAmericanPUP

Postby damienApbt » Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:03 am

i would save him the long good byes and make it short and sweet.
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby pitpok » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:28 am

the neutrosol doesn't take away all of the behavourial problems you have with an un neutered male, it simply just makes him unable to make babies.
i'd much rather have the surgery...jmo

I did not know that. Why does it not take away from the behavourial problems.
pitpok

Postby Hondovious » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:08 am

My guess would be that is just kills the dogs ability to produce sperm, but does not affect hormone level production the way castration does. Just like men with vasectomies are not eunuchs lol

I wish they had a sterilizing shot for humans (men.) Why do the dogs gotta get the cool stuff first? :huh?:
Hondovious

Postby kendall » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:10 am

damienApbt wrote:i would save him the long good byes and make it short and sweet.

roflmao
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Boo439 » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:24 pm

Definitely have your dog neutered.
Boo439

Postby pitpok » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:16 pm

should i get the "real" snipp snipp done or wait it out with the shot?
pitpok

Return to Health Issues