Look what the person who is even slower than I did now...

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Look what the person who is even slower than I did now...

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:25 pm

Toda is a person who is even slower than I. Plain and simple. You'd think that by leaving him alone on the screened in porch with no toys, nothing dangerous ANYWHERE, that he would behave himself. Nope... not Toda-Bizzle, he found something SOMEWHERE, (which to this moment I cannot find) to get his nail stuck on. I go outside and there is blood everywhere! Well, I'll let the pic speak for itself (shown large for extreme detail):

That is his nail tore completely away from the quick. He's already seen the vet and the vet said because Toda is a tough guy and not showing any signs of pain, just to watch it and make sure it doesn't bleed all over the carpet. (Too late for that, doc!)
Boo439

Postby BabyReba » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:52 pm

uuuum . . . OUCH! Poor Toda. Despite him not showing signs of pain, that's gotta hurt.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:54 pm

I'm tellin' ya, he's a trooper :) He's out there playing like nothing's wrong.
Boo439

Postby jmann4 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:10 pm

My dogs have done this sooooo many times. Hope the nail gets better soon. I know it's gotta hurt.
jmann4

Postby pocketpit » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:48 pm

Ouch!
pocketpit

Postby Demo Dick » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:37 pm

If the bleeding won't stop, I would try super glue. Check the ingredients, it should read "cyanoacrylate" and nothing more. Works like a charm, on both dog and human wounds.

Demo Dick
Demo Dick

Postby Hondovious » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:54 pm

Dogs are so funny. When they really hurt themselves they would never let on and act like they are too proud. If you leave the room and they can't follow you they cry like a little girl or look at you like you just shot them. Gotta love 'em. I hope Toda gets better soon. If you don't have any super glue, Alum could work to. Like in the old school cartoons lol
Hondovious

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:59 pm

Oh, it's already stopped bleeding, he bounces back real quick. The vet said if this sort of thing happened to a mini poodle, you would hear it screaming from a mile away and here Toda is begging for a cookie at the vet while his toenail bleeds all over the vet's floor lol God I love him to death...
Boo439

Postby jmann4 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:22 pm

JFY, you can use flour to stop the bleeding as well.
jmann4

Postby Fish » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:42 pm

Gezz I hurt just looking at that, ouch. Hope he gets better.
Fish

Postby concreterose » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:25 pm

Ouch!
concreterose
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:06 pm

Ohhhh, Poor Toda! That looks horrible. Been there done that!! Goliath lost a nail a few years ago, didn't know it till I saw pools of blood on the couch. Naturally I was on my way out of town when we saw it. By the time I got home a few days later he had a nice infection brewing at the bone, little ingrate.

I hope Toda heals quick.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby pitpok » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:36 pm

Man, tough Dog. If that was me i would cry for weeks.
I love this breed. Cant wait to see how he is doing on the 1st of Aug.
pitpok

Postby Boo439 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:50 pm

He'll be there will bells on. I am going to see if there's a number for the park tomorrow and give em a call and see what I can find out for ya! I haven't forgotten, just been busy.
Boo439

Postby pitpok » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:55 pm

No prob.
Gatorpit has been helping me out some but any more info would be great. Thinking of entering Roy into some of the shows just for giggles.
Thanks a million.
pitpok

Next

Return to Health Issues