Local Pet Stores

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Brookside Barkery!

Postby runaroundrachel » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:15 pm

We just moved to Kansas City, Missouri... I shop at Brookside Barkery in KCMO. Its a great little shop, they support pit bull rescue, and hug Slappy when I bring her in... they sell great stuff like wellness, innova, canidae, and its all cheaper than the bigger stores... plus they have great organic canned chicken, RAW food, and great vitamin selection... the workers are great, the people are great!
runaroundrachel

Postby Insomnia » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:11 pm

I recently moved to Taipei, I haven't been able to find ANY quality dog food...all they sell here are grocery brands, even at the vets and breeders...they have some brands from australia, but they're not any better either. Help!!
Insomnia

Postby rwh » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:35 pm

Next to Nature, West seattle (Alaska Junction) Washington.
rwh

Postby kogeki » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:52 pm

Worldwide Aquarium in Philadelphia. Ridge ave in Roxborough. They carry Wellness, DVP, and a few others. Plus Merrick bones and treats which our dog loves!
kogeki

Postby 24HoursToLive » Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:12 am

MerrickAPBTBuster wrote:Noone from/around Houston knows of any good pet stores? I'm in Pasadena, I shop @ Petco and feed my dogs Natural Balance.

Nobody knows any good shops in/around Houston :dunno:
24HoursToLive

Wilmington, Delaware

Postby PrincessZoe » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:00 pm

Wilmington, Delaware:

Happy Dog, Healthy Dog.

A pretty decent range of top-shelf foods (Including Timberwolf), lots of raw and bones, treats, accessories, everything you could need to keep your dog happy. It's run by two women who really seem to know their stuff.

-
Jim
PrincessZoe
Newborn Bully

Postby goldenstatefan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 9:42 pm

Anything in California...Sacramento/Modesto area?
goldenstatefan
Newborn Bully

Postby Frost » Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:28 am

Horizon Pet Supply- Burien WA
Owners name is George, very helpful and wonderful guy, knows A LOT about behavior, diet, training, and everything he sells he personally stands behind. He wont sell a product he thinks is second rate. Very much about the customer service! Last I checked he also was opening up a grooming section, which should be a good deal too!
Frost

Postby Rob H. » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:47 pm

Tailwaggers Pet Supply
1510 Dekalb Pk
Blue Bell, PA 19422
610-292-0440

The store is located:
about 20 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
about 45 miles from Reading, PA
About 25 miles from Camden NJ
about 40 miles from Wilmington, DE

I just found out about this place while looking for Grizzly Salmon Oil. They carry a nice variety of the popular high end dog foods....Solid Gold, Wellness, Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul, Natures Variety, Innova, Canidae and others that I can't remember. They also had a nice selection of the more popular toys. Their treat selection was pretty good carrying mostly healthier treats. They also had bully sticks in abundance. The individual working there was very polite and attentive to my questions and knowledgable about the products being offered. He was also adept at leaving me alone while I was browsing. I believe this was the shop owner or manager. While checking out I mentioned that I was switching my dog over to Timber Wolf Organics and he told me that he was seriously considering carrying the product and was very interested in what formula(s) I was interested in. Anyone within reasonable traveling distance who uses Timber Wolf or might be interested may want to call or visit the store about TW and hopefully sway the decision to start carrying it.
Rob H.

Postby Sean W. » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:29 pm

Perfect Pets here in Richmond, VA has 4 of the top 5 dog foods listed in the above sticky. I'm trying to get them to carry TW. If anyone in the Richmond area or surrounding counties want this high quality food I encourage you to make it known to them. They also carry Solid Gold supplements and Nupro supplements. They are located on West Broad Street. I've misplaced their card with address and phone number so I'll post that in the future. They try to get you whatever the customer wants and best of all, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee on their dog food. They have never given me a hassle. Great mom and pop store! :headbang:
Sean W.
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Pet Stores

Postby twinkie05 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:26 pm

Atlanta, Ga
Park Pet Suppy in East Atlanta is the best pet store ever. They are actively involved in pet rescue and do not sell pets. They offer a wide variety of dog food including my favorite Solid Gold Wolf King Salmon and Bison. There prices are better than the local Big chain pet stores. They are also very knowlegable. I stop in all the time with my guys because they have alot of pittie love.
twinkie05
Newborn Bully

Postby carlosb » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:43 am

http://www.premiumfoodsonline.com/site/ ... page/45029 anyone know of this online store? I've tried looking for places that carry better foods but none can be found here (Brownsville, TX).
carlosb
Newborn Bully

Postby rednoseErnie » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:08 pm

CA (Bay Area):
Pet Food Express has any good food you can think of.

Theres are also lots of small Mom n Pop stores.
rednoseErnie
Forum Junky

Postby deeviousD » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:20 pm

northeast Florida (outside of Jacksonville...Fernandina bch.)

Redbones Dog Bakery.....Homemade dog treats(really yummy. made daily)...Leather collars,harness, upscale bling. Canidae,Solid Gold, Wellness,

Petland......their best "top of the line" dog food is Nutro Ultra
deeviousD
Matured Bully

Postby Rob H. » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:40 pm

Rob H. wrote:Tailwaggers Pet Supply
1510 Dekalb Pk
Blue Bell, PA 19422
610-292-0440

The store is located:
about 20 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
about 45 miles from Reading, PA
About 25 miles from Camden NJ
about 40 miles from Wilmington, DE

I just found out about this place while looking for Grizzly Salmon Oil. They carry a nice variety of the popular high end dog foods....Solid Gold, Wellness, Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul, Natures Variety, Innova, Canidae and others that I can't remember. They also had a nice selection of the more popular toys. Their treat selection was pretty good carrying mostly healthier treats. They also had bully sticks in abundance. The individual working there was very polite and attentive to my questions and knowledgable about the products being offered. He was also adept at leaving me alone while I was browsing. I believe this was the shop owner or manager. While checking out I mentioned that I was switching my dog over to Timber Wolf Organics and he told me that he was seriously considering carrying the product and was very interested in what formula(s) I was interested in. Anyone within reasonable traveling distance who uses Timber Wolf or might be interested may want to call or visit the store about TW and hopefully sway the decision to start carrying it.

I was just back to the store yesterday and they now carry TIMBERWOLF ORGANICS IN-STOCK!!!!
Rob H.

PreviousNext

Return to Health Issues