What kind of Dog Food does everyone use?

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

What kind of Dog Food does everyone use?

Postby Bulldogger » Sat Jan 24, 2004 6:37 pm

Just curious to see what kind of dog food everyone uses? I myself use Innova dry, it's all natural and I think it's the best out there. It's a little spendy but the results I've gotten have been incredible. My dogs don't itch have no red patches on their skin and seem to love the food. I also feed raw turkey 3 times a week in their diet.
Here are the ingredients:
Turkey
Chicken
Chicken Meal
Ground Barley
Ground Brown Rice
Potatoes
Ground White Rice
Chicken Fat
Herring
Apples
Carrots
Cottage Cheese
Sunflower Oil
Alfalfa Sprouts
Egg
Garlic
Probiotics
Vitamins/Minerals
Omega 3 & 6

Click on the link below to learn more info
http://www.naturapet.com
Bulldogger

Postby BullyBud » Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:26 pm

I use Canidae....it is a great food, only human grade products in it.
BullyBud
Bully Ambassador

Postby Amy » Mon Jan 26, 2004 2:54 pm

I've had mine on many of the natural foods out there. And I've learned if your dog is doing well on a food, stick with it :))

I have 5 dogs and they eat 4 different foods :). Right now, my two female pits eat Wellness Chicken and Rice. My male pit eats Wellness Fish and Potato (he's white and has allergies, of course!). Willy the doxie mix eats Steve's Real Food (raw diet) and Merlin the epileptic boston, well, he's in between diets right now. He CANNOT eat dog food, any kind at all, or he has non stop seizures. He did really well on BARF for a long time and then stopped being able to digest bones. He's just a mess :(...

I did notice when I had my two female pits on California Natural lamb and rice, they really lost their muscle tone. Put them on chicken and they're ripped again....
Amy

Postby elegy » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:11 am

nutro lamb and rice at the moment, which is not as good a food as i'd like, but we have the miracle of solid poopies.

i had her on diamond's chicken soup for the dog lover's soul food, which she loved, and her coat was great (it's gotten flakey since we switched), but those runny poops were just no fun at all.
elegy
Bully Ambassador

Postby Suade » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:30 pm

Nutro Large breed puppy but come Thursday, when my order comes in, I will be switching my pup to Innova dry puppy.....For some reason, she doesn't really like the Nutro, but I am :pray she will like Innova better..

Peace
Suade

Postby Pitgrrrl » Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:36 pm

My crew eats Wellness....the Super 5 Mix. My foster pups are getting Solid Gold Puppy Food.
Pitgrrrl
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby BabyReba » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:14 pm

We use the Canidae and we're really happy with it. It's not cheap, but it's a good food.
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby Mutt blood » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:25 pm

I feed Professional dry dog food to my dogs on a regular basis. It's a little hard to find but they love it, their coats and stool are great, and it's not uber expensive like some of the other foods which aren't much better in the natural pet store. I also supplement this with raw beef, chicken, eggs, fish, and the occasional veggie.

I feed the oldest Professional Ultra because he's active enough to benefit from it. The younger one gets chicken and rice. Here's the website.
http://www.professionalpetfood.com/
Mutt blood
Newborn Bully

Postby CinderDee » Wed Jan 28, 2004 12:42 am

I'm feeding Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken.
I've tried many foods because my dog has a really sensitive stomach and allergies.

Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby wndrtwns04 » Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:46 pm

www.chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com It is made by Diamond. I also think it's the best..........LOL Not too expensive either.
wndrtwns04

Postby moto1320 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:18 am

I got some Innova for Daisy the other day and she won't even touch it. I bought a can of Innova wet food to mix with it and ease the transition, just in case. She wouldn't touch that either. Back to Nutro with a little cottage cheese for now. :roll:
moto1320
Regulator

Postby MLBrown » Tue Feb 03, 2004 1:29 am

Eukanuba :thumbsup:
MLBrown

Postby turtle » Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:35 am

Eukanuba is a pretty low quality food with lots of corn and fillers. For a few dollars more you can buy a much better kibble like Wellness, Canidae, Innova, and CA Natural. Those have more meat in the first 5 ingredients. Evan the Diamond Chicken Soup for the Pet Lovers Soul is a better food, it rates up there with those others.

I recently saw Eukanuba for $25 for 40 pounds and Canidae for $30 for 40 pounds. For the extra $5, why not feed a better kibble?
turtle
Pit Bull Forum Addict

Postby Astah » Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:31 pm

I use Innova dry aswell Bulldogger, I am also very happy with the results :) Guinness just loves it and she is doing fantastic on it :peace:
But I cant say that I find it "spendy" though considering how little is needed for each meal with it :)
Cheers, Asa and Guinness
Astah
Super Bully

Food

Postby jcolt32 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:35 am

I currently feed my gang Canidae and my senior Shih Tzu Evolve (more Gluc and Chrondroitin than most senior foods except Chicken Soup). Stay away from Science Deit, Eukanuba, Iams, Pedigree, Purina and all the other comemrcial foods - especially if you can get it in teh Super Market!

My top dry dog foods (in no particular order):

Karma - Natura's Organic food - excellent but too rich for my wallet.

Flint River Ranch, Canidae, California Natiural, Innova, Wellness, Solid Gold, Chicken Soup for the Soul, Natural Balance, Evolve and many other all natural ones are out there that can considered top dry dog foods
jcolt32

Next

Return to Health Issues