why is it soo hard to adopt.

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

why is it soo hard to adopt.

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:39 pm

love this dog..http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2844893&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=410ad7cc1a68a88d-app3&display=&preview=1&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

man i wish it was easy to adopt. with living in an appartment its tough to get aproved. in my heart i know im a great candidate but i know they have to do the right thing in their heart as well.
damienApbt
Regulator

Adopting

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:20 pm

Why do you think you wouldnt be able to? you have one already, which means your landlord is ok with pit bulls right?
Maryellen

Postby damienApbt » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:31 pm

i already lived here when she bought the place. she has met rodney and is cool with him. we havent gotten into the whole pitbull thing. i figure as long as she knows i have a dog and is ok with it thats fine. as far as asking her to bring in another one, it could get hairy.

if she has the "pitbull" rescue contact her than im sure it'll raise a few eyebrows on her part. maybe not, but i dont want to risk it. dont get me wrong my landlord is great but i'd rather her just know im getting another dog, w/o making breed an issue.
damienApbt
Regulator

adopting ?

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:40 pm

never ever lie to a landlord. always be up front. you dont want to beat around the bush and tellher you want to adopt just a dog, and then have her find out the "dog" is a pit bull. even though she is cool with Rodney, always be honest and upfront, you dont want to wind up homeless with rodney and a new dog.

does rodney do anything? like therapy or anything like that?? sometimes people will be more approved if you are doing something positive with your pit. if they ask you say "my dog is a registerd therapy dog and visits patients in the hospitals" then you go about telling how much training you both had to have. trust me, its a very impressive line and i use it all the time when me and rufus are out. he wears his therapy dog tag all the time, it gets a conversation going, and alot of people i have met never knew pit bulls could be therapy dogs. with a nice conversation i can change the views of the person i am talking to, and its great to walk away knowing that one mind was changed.
Maryellen

Re: adopting ?

Postby kendall » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:50 pm

Maryellen wrote:
does rodney do anything?

Rodney's a model. :thumbsup:
kendall
Pit Bull Forum Addict

adopt a bully

Postby Maryellen » Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:52 pm

Does Rodney sashay down the runway ?? roflmao
Maryellen

Postby Boo439 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:32 am

What a beautiful little girl!! :inlove:
Boo439

Postby katsola » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:10 pm

rodney is also a zoomie guru master! and now famous on the zoomie circut.
katsola

Postby damienApbt » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:58 pm

katsola wrote:rodney is also a zoomie guru master! and now famous on the zoomie circut.
roflmao
damienApbt
Regulator

Postby jamobi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:28 am

There's a dumpload of other things you can do to help out needy pups like Pinky. You won't get the satisfaction of watching the dog grow up and respond to your voice and all the other things that i get choked up about, but it is worth it to the dogs. I'm sure you know already, so i won't repeat what you can do or donate, but give it a shot, it's also a tax right-off.
jamobi

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs