Some pitties up for adoption in NJ

Why buy from a breeder when there are plenty of homeless pups in shelters???

Some pitties up for adoption in NJ

Postby phez718 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 2:57 pm

These pitties are all at the rescue I volunteer for:

Rudy
Dog
Pit Bull Terrier

Size: Medium
Sex: Male

Notes: Rudy is a beautiful red-nosed pit bull. He is the color of hot cocoa with some brindle markings and has green gold eyes. He is very friendly and loving and gets along well with other dogs. It is assumed that he was born around March or April of 2001. Rudy is crate trained and housebroken. His wish list includes a family of his own with children to play with. If you have any questions about Rudy, contact Nancy at PETSPL@aol.com or call evenings 609-599-1365.

China
Dog
Pit Bull Terrier

Sex: Female

Notes: China, a beautiful tan and white Pit Bull girl, was rescued from the Jersey City, NJ pound after it went from a no kill to a kill facilty. She had spent over a year there and the new manager didn't want to keep her any longer. China is about 4 years old, is housebroken, affectionate and well behaved. She is so appreciative of any attention and loves to go for walks or just have her head scratched. China is spayed, up to date on vaccinations, & heartworm neg. For more information, please email dianimals313@hotmail.com.

Lucy
Dog
Pit Bull Terrier,Boxer Mix

Sex: Female
I.D: Beautiful, happy girl!

Notes: LUCY is one-half Boxer and one-half Pit Bull. She is a playful and attentive young dog who has a beautiful, friendly, open face with "eyeliner eyes" that are so expressive. Lucy is showered with love in her foster home, and she returns that affection with all the exuberance of her combined breeds. At almost three years old, Lucy is now spayed and is UTD on shots and deworming; HW test is negative. Lucy, who is housetrained, likes other dogs and cats. She is very intelligent and would benefit from an obedience training program or a 'job', where she could use her intelligence to the fullest. To visit with Lucy, please apply online and contact Ellen at (609-737-0775) or email AnimalAlly@aol.com for further information.
(For those of you who have been here a while, you may remember this was the girl I was originally interested in. She was going to be adopted, but it fell through)

Van Gogh
Dog
Labrador Retriever,Pit Bull Terrier Mix

Size: Large
Sex: Male
I.D: A Gentleman and a Dog!

Notes: Van Gogh, a charming senior gentleman, is an unforgettable character. Although he is missing his ears due to cruel overcropping, Van Gogh does not let that stop him from enjoying his life to the fullest. He loves walks, riding in the car, and sleeping on the couch. He loves the company of people most of all. He enjoys sunbathing in any season, and always takes his morning constitutional around the yard.

Van Gogh has nestled into his foster home, getting along with the other dogs and all the cats--he enjoys the camaraderie of the dog, cat and human families. He is a VERY GOOD BOY, a good listener, a good walker, a friend to other dogs, a food aficionado--and housetrained, too. A mature adult, he is neutered, updated on shots, and on heartworm preventative. Van Gogh plays the part of dominant dog, but really loves everyone and everybody. A kind and understanding home that honors the special place of senior dogs in the heart would be ideal. Email AnimalAlly@aol.com to meet Van Gogh.
(I love this dog! I would adopt him in a heartbeat if my mom would let me have another dog.)

We also have(among others) Skippy, a purebred American Eskimo whose owner just died. Rufus, a Black and Tan Coonhound who was found tied to a tree. And Amy, a Beagle who was an outdoor breeding machine. To see any of the other animals at the rescue, check out http://www.aa.petfinder.org :peace:
phez718

Postby BabyReba » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:30 pm

Wow, Van Gogh looks like an earless version of Reba.

I wish I could take him in--I'd love to have a matching pair of senior citizen lab/pit mixes! That would be too funny.

Seriously, though, I hope someone adopts the old man. :sad:
BabyReba
Regulator

Postby phez718 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:33 pm

I have met Van Gogh, he is the greatest! I would adopt him if I could, :po: stupid age thing! I want my own house!
phez718

Postby zombie » Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:03 pm

i want rudy.....how do i get him???
-willy-
zombie

Postby phez718 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:15 am

I'll post a link to his Petfinder page, at the bottom of the page is an option to fill out an Adoption application online. Fill that out and there are phone numbers if you have any further questions. I know that Rudy is NOT ok with cats, BTW.

Rudy's Petfinder page
phez718

Postby Boo439 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:33 am

Van Gogh is such a cutie! If I had more room, I'd adopt a senior...
Boo439

Postby BabyReba » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:11 pm

God, I keep coming back to look at Van Gogh. I want a gentlemanly old dog. I so wish I could adopt another dog right now. But if I did, there would be no room for foster dogs. :crybaby:
BabyReba
Regulator

Return to Rescue Resources & Adoptable Dogs