Wellness and......

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Wellness and......

Postby Awesome_PIT » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:27 am

My 6 month old is beeing fed wellness fish and sweet potato, what else can i give him to give him a more balanced diet. I see that some people give plain yogurt and some other stuff, i would like to give him somethings like that but im not sure what i can give him and what they contain to make him healthier.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Awesome_PIT

Postby concreterose » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:51 pm

Wellness is pretty balanced. You could give him fish or salmon oil as an additional supplement. Any other food you give him will just be in addition to the kibble.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby pitbulliest » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:24 pm

I feed my dog just about everything (well...that's healthy)....fruits, veggies, fish, chicken (shnitzel sometimes hehe), potatoes, rice, etc....adding a bit of anything (common sense at work here) is fine..it'll give your dog some additional vitamins and nutrients...but if you ever want to make your own meals aside from feeding wellness, I suggest doing a bit of research first since you don't want to throw nutrients off too much. I think you're pretty safe though...

Oh..and flax seed oil is pretty good too aside from the fish oil (which I don't recommend feeding more than twice a week). Uhm.. you can also throw in a teaspoon of kelp powder twice or three times a week..its pretty healthy as well....
pitbulliest
Bully Lover 4 Life

Postby concreterose » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:03 am

Oh..and flax seed oil is pretty good too aside from the fish oil (which I don't recommend feeding more than twice a week)

And why is that?
concreterose
Regulator

Postby Awesome_PIT » Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:48 am

Where do you guys find the Flax seed oil and Fish oil.. What will it do for y puppy?? I have found flax seed pills and stuff for humans is the oil actually for humans. :oops: i feel dumb
Awesome_PIT

Postby concreterose » Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:29 pm

They sell it at the pet store, but I use human grade (the same stuff we use). I usually get it from Whole Foods or Wal-Mart.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby zombie » Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:17 pm

a sea meal supplement is good for them and helthy...go search for solid gold foods on the net and you will find all the supplements you are looking for you can get the oils also..and you can search for somebody around you that caries the product...and i also mix 2 table spoons of cottage cheese with there food and they love it...like what was said...fruits,veggies,another thing if you dont use the oils....and you go with a supplement like sea meal you can add a little bit of chicken broth to it...they will enjoy.....hope all this helps
willy
zombie

Return to Health Issues