Pat(Barbponys)

Talk about diets, exercise, and disease.

Postby barbponys » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:11 pm

Hey Dee,
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you, I've been in Kentucky since last week. If Kato is still itchy I would definitely go to the fish. Just cut him back some. Sash is 70# and gets about 2 cups a day on Blackforest, about 1 3/4 on Ocean Blue. If he gets a little too pudgy add ground veggies.

Jessa,
It sounds like it's anal sacks to me. The only time my dogs lick their butts is when they need to be expressed, that or they do the carpet drag. Ugh. Do they get raw bone? That will sometimes help the anal glands empty on their own.
barbponys
Health Guru

Postby katch22 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 9:23 pm

Hey concrete - Good Luck and I hope it clears up soon. I know what you mean. Pete is having some major foot licking probs. I keep hearing about this more so than ever it seems lately. Keep me posted with anything new you find, and I will keep you posted as well.
katch22

Postby CinderDee » Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:03 am

Hi Pat,

I hope you had fun in Kentucky. I've never been there.

Thanks for the advice. I'll go and order it now. :)

Take care,
Dee
CinderDee
Bully Ambassador

Postby concreterose » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:05 pm

Hope you had a great vacation Pat! Well, it's been 10 days since I've had Vicki and the other dogs on the Wellness. Vicki's feet have cleared up...I'm putting Malaseb spray on them once a day for any fungal infections she might have gotten, and she's on 3 benedryl a day. She's not sucking and biting on them nearly as much as she was, and they're not so red.
concreterose
Regulator

Postby barbponys » Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:08 pm

Thanks guys, I had a great time there. There's a huge model horse show there every year and this was my first time there. Went with 2 friends and had a blast. Added a few real nice models to my collection :), and your show string has a few new members :)).

Glad to hear things are going well for Vicki, how's the transition gone to the Wellness? Hope her stools are ok. Isn't it heaven not to listen to the lick, lick, lick, lick, lick ARRRGH. It drives me nuts.
barbponys
Health Guru

Previous

Return to Health Issues